1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good Book for Analysis II?

1. Jan 25, 2013 #1
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a good second book in analysis (ideally free/online, but doesn't have to be). My Analysis I class used Baby Rudin and did the first 6 chapters but I really disliked the book.

Any suggestions would be great! Fwiw, I found Abbott's "Understanding Analysis" really readable, whereas Rudin was terse/uninstructive.

Thanks,
    Mariogs

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 25, 2013 #2
    For multivariable calculus, Munkres' "Analysis on Manifolds" is excellent. Spivak's book is also good but a bit terse, and it takes a similar approach to Munkres, just using less pages. So I'd go for Munkres.

4. Jan 25, 2013 #3
    Here is Bruckner, Bruckner, & Thomson:

http://classicalrealanalysis.info/com/FREE-PDF-DOWNLOADS.php

I used the Elementary Real Analysis one for a Baby Rudin level course. It was pretty good, except some of the later material for differentiation in R^n. I haven't really used the Real Analysis one, but it is mainly on measure theory and Lebesgue integration, if that is what you consider a "second course."

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook