1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Good books to learn Matlab

1. Sep 24, 2017 #1
    I've recently started to learn matlab (self-study). I first tried to learn by an app on Google Play, and work out the examples on the Matlab app. But the app is very bad, and I can't understand anything after a while.

What books can I use for learning Matlab? I have a good knowledge on Java programming (I can make applets, swing programs but not beans and server connections). Keeping that in mind, which book should I use to guide me from a beginner level to an advanced level?

N.B.: Please pardon me if this is off-topic here. I had seen a few months back that someone had asked for books on C, which was received well. If this is off-topic, I request the mentors, moderators and administrators to delete this thread.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 24, 2017 #2

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

there are numerous tutorials online, matlab is easy to learn if you just go out and investigate. Google is your friend....

4. Sep 24, 2017 #3
  5. Sep 30, 2017 #4
  6. Sep 30, 2017 #5
  7. Oct 3, 2017 #6

StoneTemplePython

Gold Member

8. Oct 3, 2017 #7
    That's great, but you know what, I don't even have a licensed copy to learn Matlab. I try out mainly on the android app. Can't pay so much currently. Maybe later. :sorry: If videos are made available in youtube for future views, it'll be great.:smile:

9. Oct 3, 2017 #8

MathematicalPhysicist

Gold Member

Will this course cover simulink also?
    It's not understood from the topics that it will be covered:
    BTW is there any free course for pspice? I tried reading some outdated book on it, and it was hard reading it, not my cup of cola.

10. Oct 3, 2017 #9

StoneTemplePython

Gold Member

You might be able to get away with using Octave (which is free) and following the course. It's up to you to experiment if you're so interested.

I think the course is new and the syllabus is what I'd go on.

I don't care much for Matlab to be honest, but Stanford's online stuff is really really good -- my second favorite after MIT. It pays to keep an eye on what they're offering.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted