Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good brain energy sources for exam tomorrow?

1. Aug 25, 2011 #1
    Well folks,

I will be sitting an exam tomorrow morning at 9am in which I have to travel 2 hours prior and maybe fit in an hour of revision.

Anyone recommend good energy sources for the 3.5 hour exam? :-)

I was thinking redbull drink.....:devil:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 25, 2011 #2
    Going for a walk almost always gives me more energy something to do with the blood flowing or something like that :)

4. Aug 25, 2011 #3
    Eating right, sleeping, and exercising are all proven methods. Brain foods include eggs and fish which are particularly high in lecithin and omega 3. The Japanese eat raw eggs, rice, and shaved fish for breakfast. Caffeine isn't on the list.

5. Aug 25, 2011 #4
    Bananas! I'm not sure what they contain, but I know they are advertised as brain food, and they sure do taste amazing and give you a good boost.

I start my school days with muesli and fruit (and coffee :S).

6. Aug 25, 2011 #5

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

I've heard Ritalin works wonders for exams...or at least that's what half my class told me.

7. Aug 26, 2011 #6
    cheers folks,

I went for a long cycle the night before. I slept like a log, then I had a banana and cereal before the exam.

8. Aug 26, 2011 #7

FlexGunship

Gold Member

They contain brains.

Hence "brain food." The same is true of tuna.

Seriously, though, I always prefered bacon, eggs cooked in butter, and black coffee. Basically anything without sugar or carbohydrates to avoid a mid-exam crash. Taking an exam isn't an athletic event, you're unlikely to burn many carbs, so protein and fat are your best bets.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook