Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good. BYE. W.

1. Jan 15, 2009 #1

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Listening to the farewell speech, right now.

God, how I dislike that man.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2009 #2
    Woo...now we just have to support his sorry *** till he dies.

4. Jan 15, 2009 #3

turbo

Gold Member

Good riddance, W. What a sorry excuse for a human being.

5. Jan 15, 2009 #4

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It seems that all of the non-disasters of the last 8 years is being summed up in 30 minutes.

nope, it took only 13 minutes.

What the hell was that? Can anyone be more uninspiring if they tried? Did anyone actually believe that Iraq and Afghanistan are functioning democracies? Blarrrrrrrrrrghhhh!

Lance the boil! Get the pus out!

6. Jan 15, 2009 #5
    I thought it was a nice speech. I was listening to the radio, so I only had audio. He's come a long way and delivered it quite well.

7. Jan 15, 2009 #6
    Good riddance.

[​IMG]

8. Jan 15, 2009 #7
    He's not a total failure, he would make a good poster-child for birth control or abortion.

9. Jan 15, 2009 #8

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Is there a point to this? Or do people just want to spew hate?

10. Jan 15, 2009 #9
    It's so cold that even W did not blow a fuse.

11. Jan 15, 2009 #10

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

After these 8 years, don't you think we should be allowed to vent a bit? Just a little, maybe?

12. Jan 15, 2009 #11
    The rest of us still alive can indeed get up and say "we never really needed you W".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiBxDk3dWYA

13. Jan 15, 2009 #12

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Yes, hate is ok, as long as it's pointed in the right direction. :rolleyes:

14. Jan 15, 2009 #13

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So, you don't think an emotional reaction toward those who govern us is justified. I'll remember that over the next 8 years :wink:.

15. Jan 15, 2009 #14
    Hurkyl aren't you from Canada? If yes, shut up, lol.

16. Jan 15, 2009 #15

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Not that emotional, no.
    Please do. You'll never hear me talking that way about a President of the US.

17. Jan 15, 2009 #16

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Perhaps that how we ended up with someone like Bush - apathy.

18. Jan 15, 2009 #17
    I think the reason why we got him is because far too many people watch headline news, and don't seek good news. As a result, all they got was spoon fed 'they hate freedom' headlines. All they get is information at the surface.

19. Jan 15, 2009 #18
    At least this makes arguments like "well if Bush is not liked, then where are the complaining people?" more difficult to use.

20. Jan 16, 2009 #19

turbo

Gold Member

In the US, there IS no "good" news unless you can find some relatively unbiased cable-carried sources, since all broadcast news is filtered through the same corporate structures that build and maintain the military-industrial complex. You either get propaganda (major networks) or out-and-out right-wing indoctrination (FOX), with little else available. Try watching broadcast-only channels for a couple of weeks, and see if you can resist tearing your hair out when comparing what you see to international sources on the Internet.

21. Jan 16, 2009 #20

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

It seems even the revisionists don't have all that much stomach to defend this incompetent sidekick to special interests that has managed to mismanage and squander the burgeoning assets the nation was harvesting from increasing productivity at the outset of his term.

Cheney and Bush have been a total embarrassment with their manipulations and attempts to govern through deceit and distraction and all they have managed to do is bring unwise foreign adventure and economic ruin from unregulated greed that now sits on the shoulders of all those they were nominally supposed to shepherd.

Only 4 more days and that's been 8 years too long as it is as far as I'm concerned.

What I don't understand is how his approval rating is as high as 27%.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?