1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good calc textbooks

1. Jun 30, 2006 #1
    Can anyone recommend me a book that better explains delta epsilon proofs. We skimmed it in beginning calc class and I would like to understand it better.

Also I would like to know if there are any good books out there for learning calc. I do not like the stewart text book we are using that much.

The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a string of capital truths, and ourselves for an oracle, is inborn in us- Paul Valerey

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 1, 2006 #2
    I haven't read Stewart's Book, but I've only heard good things. A great book is "Calculus" by Michael Spivak, arguably the best calc book written to date! It has a wonderful explanation of the epsilon delta definition of limits. The exercises are probably more challenging than Stewarts though, so this book isn't for the faint of heart.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2006
  4. Jul 1, 2006 #3
    Thanks for yuor reply. I will certainly give it a look!!-Darius

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?