Good god, we are screwed out of our minds (maybe)

• News
  • Thread starter wasteofo2
  • Start date
In summary, a senior commander of Shi'ite militants claimed that the wall of the Najaf mosque was hit by U.S. fire during fighting. However, it was not possible to confirm this accusation independently. The shrine holds great significance for Shi'ites and any damage to it would enrage millions and give Sadr political ammunition. Some believe that the militants may have rigged the mosque with explosives to use as propaganda. Others suggest that the U.S. could have used non-lethal tactics instead of attacking the shrine. There is also debate over the intelligence and strategy of the Bush administration in the war on terror and the stability of the Middle East.
wasteofo2
"NAJAF, Iraq (Reuters) - A senior commander of Shi'ite militants holed up inside a Najaf shrine said the wall of the mosque was hit by U.S. fire on Sunday night.

Sheikh Ahmed al-Sheibani, who is also a top adviser to radical cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, said it was hit during fighting.

It was not immediately possible to confirm the accusation independently. Serious damage to the shrine would enrage millions of Shi'ites around the world and give Sadr political ammunition in his rebellion against U.S. troops."

The shrine they're talking about is that Imam Ali one, god I hope this is wrong or not as bad as it seems...

God ****it **** George Bush, how many more radical anti-american muslims does he want to spawn...

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
"NAJAF, Iraq (Reuters) - A senior commander of Shi'ite militants holed up inside a Najaf shrine said the wall of the mosque was hit by U.S. fire on Sunday night.
It was not immediately possible to confirm the accusation independently. Serious damage to the shrine would enrage millions of Shi'ites around the world and give Sadr political ammunition in his rebellion against U.S. troops."
Can anyone detect the mindset of the Middle East? Where is the logic?

You try to hold the US responsible for damage to the shrine.

There would be no possible damage to the shrine if shi’ite militants in rebellion against their new government did not use it as a fort.

How sacred is the shrine to the militants if they put the shrine in danger. It does not seem to be more important than there desire for power.

George Bush, how many more radical anti-american muslims does he want to spawn...

As many as he can. The more hatred he generates, the more people he can force to act against the USA, the more he can use those acts as justifications for whatever he wants to do.

As many as he can. The more hatred he generates, the more people he can force to act against the USA, the more he can use those acts as justifications for whatever he wants to do.

Your statement is stupid and indefensible. And I don't mean partly stupid. I mean s-t-u-p-i-d.

You have either lost all reason or have been reading the newspapers.

If you can control your hate you would be able to see that Iraq is going very well. Does that disturb you?

There is no basic principal involved with the militants. It is a simple reach for power. As in any country you can not let a small group control everyone else. If they had the people behind them they would join the political process.

I have no hatred.

Adam said:

its getting a bit childish now Adam.

Ad hominems? Yay. I'll come back when/if someone manages to post something relevant and supported.

slap your parents for me. I have suggested before you stay out of these conversations until you are old enough to discuss here. Your ad hominems against Bush are getting tiresome

For all we know they bombed the place themselves. It's propaganda until there is proof.

So, Artman... Are they:
  • Religious fanatics who kill to get into heaven, and would never even consider blowing up their own holy sites?
  • Basic thugs who are quite happy to blow up their religious sites, and have no religious zealotry at all?
  • Something else?

Adam you must have missed the news a few days ago. They had rigged the mosque with explosives and threatened to blow themselves up if the Americans or Iraqis attack it.

It is so disturbing that the Shiite population (apparently - unless the media is distorting that) doesn't see these terrorists for what they are. This is almost exactly like using human shields and should be considered a crime against Islam.

God ****it **** George Bush, how many more radical anti-american muslims does he want to spawn...

The Bush war on terror. This is why we need someone smarter than a C student at the helm.

Adam said:
So, Artman... Are they:
  • Religious fanatics who kill to get into heaven, and would never even consider blowing up their own holy sites?
  • Basic thugs who are quite happy to blow up their religious sites, and have no religious zealotry at all?
  • Something else?
I think I have to go with "Something else". They are people involved in a war, Adam. If they thought it would gather them support to blow up the wall of a religious shrine and blame the americans, they may do it. To allow a building to be a martyr is a cheap sacrifice compared to human deaths.

It's just propaganda until there is proof. I approach news from both sides of the war this way.

is there any actual damage to the structure? how bad is it? where is this damge on the structure its self? any large bang or quake could seem like damage to someone inside even though they did not actualy see it. as stated above, the guys inside would have a lot to gain if the building was damaged but it would just make things ahrder for american forces, so the guys inside might jump the gun

maybe this is the subject for another topic but why can the coaliltion forces not full the building with tear gas or use some other form of non-lethal attack? still sacrilage?

>The Bush war on terror. This is why we need someone smarter than a C student at the helm.<

That C student has the foresight to see what you are unable to comprehend.

The key to terror is the stability of the Middle East. Only the US has the will and the ability.

You can not allow a society that is living in the dark ages to be allowed to have nuclear weapons. You criticize Bush for taking action but without someone taking action Saddum would have had nuclear weapons in 1998.

If the UN made resolutions and they were not enforced the UN would be out of business today. GW saved the UN.

If the nations of the world are not able to enforce keeping nuclear weapons out of the hands in the Middle East every country in the ME would be developing NW. The next test is Iran let's hear how you plan to solve that one. Why don’t you just ask them nicely not to make NW? Thank God for GW and thank God he understands Geopolitics.

The world is a bad place, but I have to agree with adam that australia, usa, and uk are especially bad in the past and present. I think usa gets the prize though. I don't even watch television anymore.

4Newton said:
>The Bush war on terror. This is why we need someone smarter than a C student at the helm.<

That C student has the foresight to see what you are unable to comprehend.

The key to terror is the stability of the Middle East. Only the US has the will and the ability.

You can not allow a society that is living in the dark ages to be allowed to have nuclear weapons. You criticize Bush for taking action but without someone taking action Saddum would have had nuclear weapons in 1998.

If the nations of the world are not able to enforce keeping nuclear weapons out of the hands in the Middle East every country in the ME would be developing NW. The next test is Iran let's hear how you plan to solve that one. Why don’t you just ask them nicely not to make NW? Thank God for GW and thank God he understands Geopolitics.

Actually, I believe Ivan was saying that we needed someone smarter than GWB to effectively fight the war on terror, but I could be wrong.

How do you think GWB would deal with Iran? We're already digging very deep into our military reserves, how would you propose we fight a war in three countries at a time when 2 is already a huge stretch, and we don't have nearly enough troops in the 2 current ones?

4Newton said:
Thank God for GW and thank God he understands Geopolitics.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Damn Newton, now I've got to wipe all this Coke off my monitor !

>The world is a bad place, but I have to agree with adam that australia, usa, and uk are especially bad in the past and present. I think usa gets the prize though. I don't even watch television anymore.<

Go hide your head and everything will be fine.

If you don’t like the people with the will and the power meeting their responsibilities why don’t you get out there and solve some of the problems.

It is easy to criticize when you don’t do the work. Do you want us to wait for another Hitler? Have you no knowledge of history.

You do realize that there is no barrier of distance or the sea to protect you and give you time to get ready for war. Even if you are not the target the whole world will suffer from a nuclear exchange.

Prevention is the only safe guard. Wake up. Let's hear some better solutions everyone is open to good ideas.

gene therapy :)

EDIT: the nuke situation really does scare me, yes maybe I should do more, then again ever heard of MAD no way back.

Last edited:
wasteofo2 said:
How do you think GWB would deal with Iran?

Right now the military option is out of the question, and Iran knows that only too well. Damn ! If only we'd known that the nukes were over in IraN ...

We're already digging very deep into our military reserves, how would you propose we fight a war in three countries at a time when 2 is already a huge stretch, and we don't have nearly enough troops in the 2 current ones?

2 countries ? There's about as many troops in Afghanistan as there will be cops in NYC for the convention ! And there's not nearly enough troops in Iraq, either !

studentx said:
Adam you must have missed the news a few days ago. They had rigged the mosque with explosives and threatened to blow themselves up if the Americans or Iraqis attack it.

I watch a heck of a lot of news. I was after Artman's personal opinion of the subjects.

4Newton said:
Question for you: Is the Middle East more stable today than it was prior to the USA's invasion of Iraq?

You can not allow a society that is living in the dark ages to be allowed to have nuclear weapons.
Dark Ages? Do you know anything at all about Iraq?

Even better: Who can we expect to be safer with nukes; Iraq, which you seem to consider is living in a Dark Age, or the USA, which has nuked civilian cities?

Question for you: Is the Middle East more stable today than it was prior to the USA's invasion of Iraq?

We are discussing TOMORROW, not today.

Who can we expect to be safer with nukes; Iraq, which you seem to consider is living in a Dark Age, or the USA, which has nuked civilian cities?

The USA.

JohnDubYa said:
We are discussing TOMORROW, not today.
Tomorrow is built on today.

The USA.
Why?

Tomorrow is built on today.

EXACTLY!

Exactly. War, profit, more than 10,000 innocent civilians dead. Should be a nifty red sunrise.

Whatever, Adam. Whatever.

There are more than 10,000 innocent civilians who can no longer afford the luxury of being so non-chalant about their deaths and the state of things in the Middle East. Enjoy it.

Many hundreds of thousands have given their lifes to get rid of Saddam. It is sickening to see you pretend to voice the opinion of the dead iraqis and raping their cause.

Adam said:
There are more than 10,000 innocent civilians who can no longer afford the luxury of being so non-chalant about their deaths and the state of things in the Middle East. Enjoy it.
And there are half a million who can thanks to us. Are you saying you'd have preferred it if we had let Saddam kill half a million?

Ya know, we killed a lot of civilians stopping Hitler too...

russ_watters said:
And there are half a million who can thanks to us.
Well, that makes it ok then... :uhh:

Are you saying you'd have preferred it if we had let Saddam kill half a million?
Did I?

And those responsible should have been before the courts for war crimes.

russ_watters said:
Adam said:
And those responsible should have been before the courts for war crimes.

The USA waited a long time before entering that war. We were chastised for that too. All that is required for evil to win is for good people to sit around and do nothing. That goes for the civilians in Hitler's country that allowed him to rise and stay in power as well.