Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good language quiz software

1. Mar 18, 2013 #1

f95toli

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Good language "quiz" software

I have -unsuccesfully for some reason- been trying to find a "quiz" type program for learning languages.
    The reason is that I have a 12 year old at home who struggles a bit when it comes to learning new words on his own.
    All I (well he) need is a program which allow you to enter words, saves them in database, and then runs a quiz. Ideally it should also be possible to "extend" the quiz so that it not only asks about the words entered that week, but about all words entered over a certain period (for revising).

The software should be simple and generic, not made specificlly for a certain language (at the moment he is doing Spanish and Latin, but might switch to French or German in a couple of years).

There is a lot of "self-study" software out there, but I still haven't been able to find anything suitable(!)

I could potentially write somthing myself, but this must already be available.

Also, it needs to work on Windows 8.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 24, 2013 #2
  4. Mar 26, 2013 #3

trollcast

Gold Member

I think I've found something like what you're looking for:

http://openteacher.org/

5. Mar 26, 2013 #4

jhae2.718

Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook