Am I supposed to use Newton's Second Law for this?

• Thread starter Oblakastouf
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Confused
In summary, the conversation is about a student struggling with a homework problem involving the use of free body diagrams and equations to find the net force acting on a tin of corned beef. The student is seeking help and wishes for a similar problem to be solved in order to understand the method better.
Oblakastouf

Homework Statement

dd0sc0.jpg

Homework Equations

F = Ma

The Attempt at a Solution

... I wish I even knew where to start :\
I drew the freebody diagram, but I don't know how to use it.

Physics news on Phys.org
I believe the net force acting on the tin of corned beef must be 2.3 Kg x 5.4 m / s2= 12.42 N. Set this equal to the other forces acting on the tin.

I don't even know how to do that :\ I kinda just need a similar problem solved so I can make a method out of how they did it... I need to figure out how to change free body diagrams into an equation. You miss one day of class and you get f-cked.

1. What does it mean to be confused?

Being confused typically refers to a state of uncertainty or lack of understanding about a particular topic or situation. It can manifest in feelings of disorientation, puzzlement, or even frustration.

2. Why do people experience confusion?

There are many factors that can contribute to confusion, such as a lack of prior knowledge or understanding, conflicting information, or overwhelming complexity. Confusion can also be a natural response to new or unfamiliar situations.

3. How can confusion be detrimental?

Confusion can hinder one's ability to make decisions, solve problems, or retain information. It can also lead to feelings of stress or anxiety, and may impact overall well-being if left unresolved.

4. What are some ways to overcome confusion?

One approach is to break down the confusion into smaller, more manageable pieces. This can involve asking questions, seeking clarification, or seeking out additional resources or support. Taking time to reflect and organize thoughts can also help in overcoming confusion.

5. Is confusion always a negative thing?

Not necessarily. Confusion can also be a sign of growth and learning. It can motivate individuals to seek out new information and expand their understanding. Additionally, going through a period of confusion can lead to a deeper level of comprehension and critical thinking in the long run.