Good Movies ?

• Thread starter Gokul43201
  • Start date
And i quitted watching this movie after exactly 10 minutes coz of puppetry!

yomamma said:
And it had great puppetry ;)
And how funny is it to watch two puppets trying to do Karate! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

heman said:
And i quitted watching this movie after exactly 10 minutes coz of puppetry!
but the limitations of the puppets can only and to the humour.

One of my favourite scenes is with the Panthers ... worth watching the film for! :smile:

There is some interesting stuntwork in The Transporter 2. Four new film clips here (the Allocine page connects slowly at first; French is dubbed in):
http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2005/STUVWXYZ/Transporter-2/trailer.php [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
honestrosewater
Gold Member
hitssquad said:
There is some interesting stuntwork in The Transporter 2. Four new film clips here (the Allocine page connects slowly at first; French is dubbed in):
http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2005/STUVWXYZ/Transporter-2/trailer.php [Broken]
I saw previews for that - it looks cool. Did you see the first one? Is it good?

JamesU
Gold Member
zanazzi78 said:
but the limitations of the puppets can only and to the humour.
yeah, actually, the puppets were supposed to be more life like. the creators cut down their abilities to add to the humor
One of my favourite scenes is with the Panthers ... worth watching the film for! :smile:
truly eccelent :approve:

Jean Claude van Damme IS Amelie

honestrosewater said:
I saw previews for that - it looks cool.
It looks pretty slick (if you like slick, then slick = good here) to me. But I got the impression from the clips that a lot of the action was faked. The fight scenes all have the cameras cutting away too soon so you can't tell if what is suggested by the scene was really happening during the filming. IOW, in The Matrix the cast was trained to actually perform the fights so it would look realistic, and I don't think that was the case here.

The firehose was a unique and clever idea, I thought. The car jump was a great scene. Overall, the tone of the film seems to be Jerry lewis meets James Bond. The humor seems very French and therefore makes me wince. Maybe the best way to describe this movie is: Amelie with guns and luxury-performance automobiles.

Did you see the first one?
No. I don't watch movies very often. I think I might have seen a movie as recently as a few years ago.

honestrosewater
Gold Member
hitssquad said:
It looks pretty slick (if you like slick, then slick = good here) to me. But I got the impression from the clips that a lot of the action was faked. The fight scenes all have the cameras cutting away too soon so you can't tell if what is suggested by the scene was really happening during the filming. IOW, in The Matrix the cast was trained to actually perform the fights so it would look realistic, and I don't think that was the case here.

The firehose was a unique and clever idea, I thought. The car jump was a great scene. Overall, the tone of the film seems to be Jerry lewis meets James Bond. The humor seems very French and therefore makes me wince. Maybe the best way to describe this movie is: Amelie with guns and luxury-performance automobiles.
I remember the fighting in Brotherhood of the Wolf being very powerful, well-executed, blended perfectly with the sound and environment, and so on. They do Matrixesque effects too (heh, say that three times fast). My brother was familiar with one of the main characters, Mark Dacascos, as a martial artist. It's just a great movie all around. Maybe not your usual style - it's French - sumptuous, grand, some Frenchish humor, but if you're ever in the mood...
No. I don't watch movies very often. I think I might have seen a movie as recently as a few years ago.
Too busy drinking Cheez Whiz, I presume. :tongue2:

New Transporter 2 clip (Hospital Fight Scene), Rose:

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
quasar987 said:
Requiem for a Dream - This is the kind of movie that after its over you spend 10 minutes staring at the blank TV creen. Totally mind-blowing. For optimum results, watch in complete obscurity. (10 stars)
I originally saw that movie during one of the late night showings at the Sunset Five with an ex-heroin and speed junkie. She had to leave halfway through the movie because it was bringing back so many bad feelings.

Cidade de Deus ('City of God' in english) - Enigmatic title; just see it to see what it's about. This movie is to be watched with the lights on. (10 stars)
Loved that one.

Other drug movies that totally kick: The Basketball Diaries (10 stars), Drugstore Cowboys (8 stars), Trainspotting (8 stars), Blow (7 stars)
You're pretty into drug movies, aren't you?

JamesU
Gold Member
I'm gonna add SAWII to this list after just seeing it

quasar987
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
loseyourname said:
I originally saw that movie during one of the late night showings at the Sunset Five with an ex-heroin and speed junkie. She had to leave halfway through the movie because it was bringing back so many bad feelings.
Loved that one.
You're pretty into drug movies, aren't you?
Oh yes, most drug movies are great. As one IMDB reviewer of Requiem put it: "They make your soul cry."