Good music sites

Main Question or Discussion Point

hey does anyone know any good music sites where i can LISTEN to some good music but not necessarily download???
thanx alot 4 ur help:smile:

Answers and Replies

launch.yahoo.com almost every music video there is to see

there are also lots of radio stations u can google. i listen to www.di.fm which plays techno/trance stuff and some classical at the bottom

any online radio will work. thats what i used to do when i was at the comp lab at school. a lot of popular stations are online. and you can find any sort of station really.

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
The radio stations that come with iTunes are pretty good.

matthyaouw
Gold Member
www.pandora.com is quite good if you know the sort of thing you want, but aren't after specific tracks. Your first 10 hours are free.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Really cool :cool: eclectic collection from around the world.

New Sounds - on WNYC - New York City
http://www.wnyc.org/shows/newsounds/episodes/10272005
Telepathically tight and musically adventurous, the members of the Bad Plus test the limits of what an acoustic bass-drums-piano band can do. This time around, their latest release, “Suspicious Activity?” contains mostly originals, with some doses of seriousness, taken with a shot of abandon, a chaser of meditation, some communion with jazz forebearers, and the inevitable cheekiness. On this New Sounds program, we’ll sample from “Suspicious Activity?”, and dig into the new record from the Brad Mehldau Trio. The Trio’s “Day is Done” features more interpretations of tunes you might recognize - a Radiohead tune here, a Beatles song there, Nick Drake songs, and a version of the Burt Bacharach tune “Alfie.” Also, there’s music by Michael Manring, from a new solo CD of works, recorded without overdubs, and containing the oft-requested “Selene.”
Manring's "Selene" and "Orpherius [sp] Wheel" are really good - Album is "Soliloquy". Manring plays a hyperbass - you have to hear to understand it.

Viktor Krauss's "Split Window" from his album "Far from Enough" is interesting.

New Sounds - http://www.wnyc.org/shows/newsounds
Hosted by John Schaefer
Airs daily at 11PM on 93.9 FM

New Sounds provides a place for your left and right brain to unwind at the end of day. Host John Schaefer combs recent recordings for one of the most educational and enchanting hours on radio. For 20 years, he's been finding the melody in the rainforest and the rhythm in an orchestra of tin cans. The program offers new ways to hear the ancient language of song. With guest musicians from David Byrne to Meredith Monk to Ravi Shankar, Schaefer presents performances and premieres new works from the classic and operatic to folk and jazz. Tune in for the next wave or the most ancient forms of music.

dduardo
Staff Emeritus
matthyaouw said:
www.pandora.com is quite good if you know the sort of thing you want, but aren't after specific tracks. Your first 10 hours are free.
Actually, if you know how to clear flash's cache it can go on forever.

matthyaouw
Gold Member
I don't but I'm sure I've had more than 10 hours out of it without it asking me to pay...

dduardo said:
Actually, if you know how to clear flash's cache it can go on forever.
and how do we do that?

cronxeh
Gold Member
www.di.fm ?

You can also go to www.shoutcast.com they have tons of station there even video music.

If you have winamp just press ALT+L and you'll have Media Library pop up you can go to Winamp Music, Winamp Video, Shoutcast Radio, Shoutcast TV, AOL Radio with XM Radio, AOL Video, Shoutcast Wire, etc.

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Finally got some vague kind of website for my band, since the last attempt didn't really work got forcibly removed from the university servers.

http://www.myspace.com/trilogyofsexy

4 (I think) tracks you can listen to, should keep you entertained.