Good news, everyone!

• Thread starter Chi Meson
  • Start date

Answers and Replies

Office_Shredder
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Better hope she never finds this thread...

Wouldn't recommend calling him that.

I know it's not correct or anything, but where I come from a 'Bender' is a male homosexual.

Just a FYI on that one.

I know it's not correct or anything, but where I come from a 'Bender' is a male homosexual.
These collisions are unavoidable, this one time in grad school we were about to start a final exam and one student (chinese, female) asked another student (British, Male) for "a rubber." The british student replied with a straight face that he didn't have one. At this point the rest of the class (mostly Americans, and all very nervous about the test) started to laugh at what we perceived as an absurd, bizarre exchange, and the puzzled expressions on the foreigners faces only made more absurd. It turns out that in UK slang a 'rubber' is a rubber pencil eraser, but in US slang a 'rubber' is a rubber condom!

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I call him bono because he looks like him in that picture with the green swim goggles.
No, that was Simon. Simon is the nicest guy you will ever meet. Ben is terrifying.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Finally, there will be something worth watching on TV :)

I read the title in the professor's voice and instantly knew it was something about futurama.

I read the title in the professor's voice and instantly knew it was something about futurama.
Same here. In fact, Farnsworth has been narrating this entire thread for me.