Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good news, everyone!

1. Jun 13, 2009 #1

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 13, 2009 #2

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Better hope she never finds this thread...

4. Jun 13, 2009 #3
    Wouldn't recommend calling him that.

I know it's not correct or anything, but where I come from a 'Bender' is a male homosexual.

Just a FYI on that one.

5. Jun 13, 2009 #4
    These collisions are unavoidable, this one time in grad school we were about to start a final exam and one student (chinese, female) asked another student (British, Male) for "a rubber." The british student replied with a straight face that he didn't have one. At this point the rest of the class (mostly Americans, and all very nervous about the test) started to laugh at what we perceived as an absurd, bizarre exchange, and the puzzled expressions on the foreigners faces only made more absurd. It turns out that in UK slang a 'rubber' is a rubber pencil eraser, but in US slang a 'rubber' is a rubber condom!

6. Jun 13, 2009 #5
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  7. Jun 13, 2009 #6

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

No, that was Simon. Simon is the nicest guy you will ever meet. Ben is terrifying.

8. Jun 13, 2009 #7

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Finally, there will be something worth watching on TV :)

9. Jun 13, 2009 #8
    I read the title in the professor's voice and instantly knew it was something about futurama.

10. Jun 13, 2009 #9
    Same here. In fact, Farnsworth has been narrating this entire thread for me.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook