Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good news

1. Nov 20, 2008 #1
    As the news are flooded with bad things happening, I thought it was time to read of good news from the world. I'll start with this:

Passenger on Finnair's flight from Bangkok to Helsinki gave birth to a healthy child. The birth took place somewhere above Kazakhstan. Unfortunately I don't have an english version of the source available.

http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/artikkeli/Finnairin+matkustaja+synnytti+Kazakstanin+yllä/1135241274714

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2008 #2

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Everyone can speak suomi here don't be shy. :wink:

4. Nov 20, 2008 #3
    Of course, but let's try to stick in (some sort of) english for the sake of a tradition.

5. Nov 20, 2008 #4
  6. Nov 20, 2008 #5

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Except the story you linked to is in Finnish.

Not to worry, this will have folks up and running in no time. Just remember, when in doubt, say, "Iso tuoppi!"

(And, whatever you do, don't ever say, "Sinulla on kauniit siniset silmät." - especially to green eyed women.)

7. Nov 20, 2008 #6

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

More good news! Online dating for rare species is now available!

Online Dating for Rare Species

The bad news is that they don't post the link to the online dating site. They just talk about it.

8. Nov 20, 2008 #7
    You are not in a position to complain, since you didn't offer anything better. Anyway get some rest, you look tired.

9. Nov 20, 2008 #8
    Confirmed insider sources of the forum revealed that this would not be a problem.

That is such a cliche, that it's actually funny. Besides if you make a cardinal mistake like that, you have the (moral) right to take a closer look at her eyes.

10. Nov 20, 2008 #9
    :zzz:^:zzz:^:zzz:^:zzz:

This thread is pointless. No one cares about a baby born on an airplane above kazakstan, and your link isnt even in english.

I really, honestly, see no point to this thread.

11. Nov 21, 2008 #10
    Well if you bothered to read all three sentences then you might have spotted the language warning.

Then look at this as a empirical survey of the proportion of positive news from all news. Since there are less positive news (hypothesis) than negative ones, it is easier to count the positive ones. Naturally they have to be posted to determine that they really are positive news.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?