Did a passenger give birth on a Finnair flight above Kazakhstan?

• Thread starter misgfool
  • Start date
  • Tags
    News
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for more positive news in the media and shares a story about a passenger giving birth on a flight from Bangkok to Helsinki. The conversation also includes a discussion on the Finnish language and a link to a website for learning the language. Finally, the topic of rare species and online dating is brought up. The overall purpose of the conversation is to promote positivity and discuss the balance between positive and negative news in the media.
misgfool
As the news are flooded with bad things happening, I thought it was time to read of good news from the world. I'll start with this:

Passenger on Finnair's flight from Bangkok to Helsinki gave birth to a healthy child. The birth took place somewhere above Kazakhstan. Unfortunately I don't have an english version of the source available.

http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/artikkeli/Finnairin+matkustaja+synnytti+Kazakstanin+yll%C3%A4/1135241274714 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Everyone can speak suomi here don't be shy. :wink:

Kurdt said:

Of course, but let's try to stick in (some sort of) english for the sake of a tradition.

misgfool said:
As the news are flooded with bad things happening, I thought it was time to read of good news from the world. I'll start with this:

Passenger on Finnair's flight from Bangkok to Helsinki gave birth to a healthy child. The birth took place somewhere above Kazakhstan. Unfortunately I don't have an english version of the source available.

http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/artikkeli/Finnairin+matkustaja+synnytti+Kazakstanin+yll%C3%A4/1135241274714 [Broken]

:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

Kurdt said:

misgfool said:
Of course, but let's try to stick in (some sort of) english for the sake of a tradition.

Except the story you linked to is in Finnish.

Not to worry, http://www.hs.fi/english/extras/speakup [Broken] will have folks up and running in no time. Just remember, when in doubt, say, "Iso tuoppi!"

(And, whatever you do, don't ever say, "Sinulla on kauniit siniset silmät." - especially to green eyed women.)

More good news! Online dating for rare species is now available!

http://weirdnewsfiles.com/weirdnews/online-dating-for-rare-species/ [Broken]

The bad news is that they don't post the link to the online dating site. They just talk about it.

Cyrus said:
:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

You are not in a position to complain, since you didn't offer anything better. Anyway get some rest, you look tired.

BobG said:
Except the story you linked to is in Finnish.

Confirmed insider sources of the forum revealed that this would not be a problem.

BobG said:
(And, whatever you do, don't ever say, "Sinulla on kauniit siniset silmät." - especially to green eyed women.)

That is such a cliche, that it's actually funny. Besides if you make a cardinal mistake like that, you have the (moral) right to take a closer look at her eyes.

misgfool said:
You are not in a position to complain, since you didn't offer anything better. Anyway get some rest, you look tired.

:zzz:^:zzz:^:zzz:^:zzz:

This thread is pointless. No one cares about a baby born on an airplane above kazakstan, and your link isn't even in english.

I really, honestly, see no point to this thread.

Cyrus said:
your link isn't even in english.

Well if you bothered to read all three sentences then you might have spotted the language warning.

Cyrus said:
I really, honestly, see no point to this thread.

Then look at this as a empirical survey of the proportion of positive news from all news. Since there are less positive news (hypothesis) than negative ones, it is easier to count the positive ones. Naturally they have to be posted to determine that they really are positive news.

1. What is the story behind a passenger giving birth on a Finnair flight above Kazakhstan?

The story of a passenger giving birth on a Finnair flight above Kazakhstan goes back to June 2021, when a woman unexpectedly went into labor while flying from Helsinki to New Delhi. The flight was diverted to Almaty, Kazakhstan, where the woman safely delivered her baby with the help of the flight crew and a doctor who happened to be on board.

2. Is it common for passengers to give birth on flights?

No, it is not common for passengers to give birth on flights. In fact, it is estimated that only 1 in every 26 million births occur on a commercial flight. However, airlines are prepared for such situations and train their flight crew to handle medical emergencies, including childbirth.

3. Was the passenger aware that she was pregnant before boarding the flight?

According to reports, the passenger was not aware that she was pregnant before boarding the flight. She had no visible signs of pregnancy and her due date was still a few weeks away. It is possible that she experienced a condition known as "cryptic pregnancy," where a woman does not realize she is pregnant until she goes into labor.

4. What happened to the mother and baby after the flight landed in Almaty?

The mother and baby were taken to a hospital in Almaty for further medical care after the flight landed. Both were reported to be in good health and were released from the hospital a few days later. The airline also provided them with complimentary flights to their final destination in New Delhi.

5. Can a passenger give birth on a plane without any medical assistance?

While it is possible for a passenger to give birth on a plane without any medical assistance, it is not recommended. Airlines require passengers who are more than 36 weeks pregnant to provide a medical certificate stating that they are fit to travel. If a passenger unexpectedly goes into labor during the flight, the flight crew will do their best to assist, but it is always recommended to have a medical professional present for a safe delivery.

Back