1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good ODE books

1. Nov 10, 2007 #1
    Hey all, I was hoping someone would be able to point me at a good ordinary differential equations text. Basically right now I have been working out of 'ordinary differential equations" by boyce and brannon. but Im fed up with the book and really would just like a good book to be used as a reference. Does anyone have any recommendations?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2007 #2
    If you're looking for a reference, try the Dover text by Tenenbaum and Pollard (called Ordinary Differential Equations). It's well organized as a reference for solving specific types of ODEs and using specific methods, as well as having proofs and motivations.

4. Nov 10, 2007 #3
    As the man said, Tenenbaum and Pollard is excellent as a reference, and is probably quite good for learning if you're sharper than I am.

I learned ODEs from the Boyce and DiPrima text and thoroughly enjoyed it.

5. Nov 10, 2007 #4

ranger

Gold Member

Boyce and DiPrima is good intro to ODEs. Its rather wordy and I like that.

6. Nov 11, 2007 #5

Chris Hillman

Science Advisor

We had this discussion just a few weeks ago! (Try the "search" button.)

Is it too late to suggest moving this thread to "Book Recommendations"?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?