Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good paper(s) on Bell's theorem

1. Jul 17, 2005 #1
    Hello all,

When I read the original papers by EPR and Bell here
    I didn't understand them.

But I found a paper that explains Bell's theorem quite good:

Daniel M. Greenberger, Michael A. Horne, Abner Shimony, Anton Zeilinger
    "Bell's theorem without inequalities", American Journal of Physics Vol. 58 (12), December 1990.

So for all the ones who are interested in Bell's theorem, read the paper! :smile:
    Especially the Appendix, where Bell's inquality is derived.

If you know of any other good papers on this topic, just post them here.

P.S. To find the paper, type in google American Journal of Physics and Browse "All Online Issues"
    Go to Volume 58, to December and search for the title.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 23, 2005 #2
    I tried it but they asked for a username and password, or I could buy it for $18.50. If it were $1.50 I probably would have gone for it ;-)
  4. Jul 25, 2005 #3
    Some other good papers on Bell's theorem

Quantum mechanics, local realistic theories, and Lorentz-invariant realistic theories
    Hardy L
    PHYS REV LETT 68: (20) 2981-2984 MAY 18 1992

"The mystery of the quantum cakes," P.G. Kwiat and L. Hardy, Am. J. Phys. 68, 33 (2000).

"Hidden Variables and the Two Theorems of John Bell", N. David Mermin, Rev. Mod. Phys. 65, 803–815 (1993)
  5. Jan 21, 2006 #4
    I found further good papers:

"Ghost-like action-at-a-distance in quantum mechanics: an elementary introduction to the Einstein, Podolsky, Rosen paradox", R D Mattuck 1982 Eur. J. Phys. 3 107-112

"Bell's inequality and 'ghost-like action-at-a-distance' in quantum mechanics", R D Mattuck 1982 Eur. J. Phys. 3 113-118

Note: Your will be able to download those papers from your university's computer, since
    your university has probably a subscription to those journals.
  6. Jan 24, 2006 #5

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Although this is not his original, this one by Zeilinger covers much of the same ground as the one cited by OP:

Multi-photon Entanglement

And it doesn't cost 18.50...
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?