1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good problem solving books?

1. Sep 17, 2008 #1
    good problem solving books??...

I'm having some difficulty solving word problems in physics and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good problem solving book that they have read and were able to use to better their problem solving skills. I know i can build my problem solving skills through just doing practice problems but I'm trying to learn how to do them more efficiently. I just purchased "How to solve it" off of amazon, but i just wanna see if there is any other book that would be beneficial towards problem solving skills...thanks in advance!!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 17, 2008 #2
    Re: good problem solving books??...

I really think the only way to go about this is by DOING IT, even though you made it clear in your post you know this. I wasted a lot of time thinking about how i might do things and found the only way to get on was just to do em... few hours a day will get you into your stride if you have the time...

That said, something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/000-Solved-Problems-Physics-Schaums/dp/0070257345

is one way of looking at how problems can be solved and i suppose it's seeing examples that will give you the 'how'.. study them and look at the ways they've done them and see if you can see other ways or similar ones

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?