Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good Text Based RPG

1. Dec 30, 2006 #1
    I play this game pretty much every day: It's called Unification Wars.

It takes place in the future, where hyperspace has been discovered. You fight other empires for planets, which produce goods per turn, and from that you make money.

The good thing is that you never loose money though.

Here is some more from the website:

Unification Wars is a free Massively Online Game with over 350,000 members ! You are the leader of an empire, recruit and level up your minister(s) to assist you to expand your economy, military and power by diplomatic or military means. Enslave all intelligent life to unify them all !

124 technology, 70+ system types, 1000+ battle strategy, 20+ mega projects, 8+ alien races, 60+ artifacts
    Easy to use Clan options (Federations)
    300+ single player missions
    Multiplayer: Fight against 350,000+ players!

To sign up up, please click on this link: http://uc.gamestotal.com/?in=627513

Just try out the game... You'll like it.

Thanks, and I just wanted to tell the community about this great game and not to advertise.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 30, 2006 #2

Homework Helper

*won't even look at what you're saying, I can't afford another addiction :biggrin:*
  4. Dec 30, 2006 #3

Gold Member

Its a fun game. I've started to play already.
  5. Dec 31, 2006 #4
    It isn't that bad. They have a variety of speeds such as daily, hourly, and real time.

If you don't have a lot of time everyday, daily is a good speed for you.
  6. Jan 6, 2007 #5
    Btw, you don't have to play it 24/7 actually.
  7. Jan 6, 2007 #6

Gold Member

The one thing that I dont like is that I cant change my game speed. I dont want to start a new account because I have a good fed and lord. Mayb the developers should make it so that one can change game speeds.
  8. Jan 6, 2007 #7
    So that means I can change my game speed when I am not playing to daily so that I get 700+ turns when I re login some time later, then I revert back to real time.

That does sound kind of unbalanced to me actually.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?