Where Can I Find Engaging Math Puzzles for Ages 12-18?

• Thread starter Natasha1
  • Start date
In summary, a maths puzzle is a problem that involves mathematical concepts and requires logical thinking and problem-solving skills to solve. These puzzles can help improve critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and mathematical reasoning. They are also a fun and engaging way to learn math and can be found on various websites. These websites offer a variety of puzzles, including logic, number, word, and visual puzzles, to cover a range of math topics. Regularly solving maths puzzles can help improve math skills and increase confidence in the subject.
Natasha1
Does anyone know of a good website on maths puzzles, games, etc... which I could use in a class for an age group of 12-18 years old? (Even 20+)

Many thanks,

Nat

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

What is a "maths puzzle"?

A maths puzzle is a type of problem that involves mathematical concepts and requires logical thinking and problem-solving skills to solve. These puzzles often have a specific goal, such as finding a solution or pattern, and can range from simple to complex.

Why are maths puzzles beneficial?

Maths puzzles can help improve critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and mathematical reasoning. They can also make learning math more enjoyable and engaging, as they provide a hands-on approach to applying mathematical concepts.

Where can I find good websites for maths puzzles?

There are many websites that offer a variety of maths puzzles for all ages and skill levels. Some popular options include Math Playground, Fun Brain, and Maths is Fun. It is important to choose a website that has a user-friendly interface and offers a wide range of puzzles to keep you challenged.

What types of puzzles can I expect to find on a good maths puzzle website?

A good maths puzzle website will offer a variety of puzzles, including logic puzzles, number puzzles, word problems, and visual puzzles. These puzzles may also cover various math topics such as algebra, geometry, and arithmetic.

Can maths puzzles help me improve my math skills?

Yes, solving maths puzzles can help improve your math skills in various ways. They can help you practice and reinforce mathematical concepts, improve your problem-solving abilities, and enhance your logical thinking skills. Regularly solving puzzles can also help you become more confident and comfortable with math.