Goodbye Old Friend - 1987 Yamaha Razz Minibike Adventure

• Thread starter binzing
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker was working on their 1987 Yamaha Razz scooter with the intention of turning it into a minibike when they accidentally caused it to burst into flames. They quickly grabbed carb cleaner and gas to move them away from the fire before returning to put it out with water. The speaker then discovered that some parts were damaged beyond repair and decided to sell the remaining parts on Ebay. They had originally purchased the scooter for $9 at a garage sale and now see it as a potential project to make money from.
binzing
So today I was tinkering on my 1987 Yamaha Razz (50cc scooter that I want(ed) to turn into a minibike) when around 18:00 hours I had the spark plug out of the cylinder but plugged into the spark plug wire boot and was testing for spark when it burst into flames! So I'm like "Sh!t, sh!t, what the f^@*" so I grab the can of carb cleaner and the gallon of gas I had sitting nearby and run them about 20 feet away. Then I run back through our yard (this took place on a concrete pad in our back backyard) and hop a fence to turn the water on before running back. By the time I make it back the flames are about 3 feet high, so I throw on the water and get the fire out. Assesing the damage I find some tubes to be beyond repair as well as the wiring harness partially melted, along with widespread charring. After a bit of kicking to remove most of the water and a few hearty squirts of carb cleaner I got it to fire up again. I think I will give up the minibike dream and begin taking it apart and cleaning the good parts to sell on Ebay. Mind you I got this scooter at a garage sale for $9.

Physics news on Phys.org
It was a bargain. Now it's a potential project.

Nah, it was a project before, and missing parts too. It'll make me money now!

1. What is the history of the 1987 Yamaha Razz Minibike?

The Yamaha Razz Minibike was first introduced in 1987 as a lightweight and affordable mode of transportation. It quickly gained popularity among teenagers and young adults for its sleek design and ease of use.

2. What makes the 1987 Yamaha Razz Minibike special?

The 1987 Yamaha Razz Minibike is known for its reliable two-stroke engine, which provided a smooth and powerful ride. It also featured a unique front suspension system and a comfortable seat, making it a fun and comfortable ride.

3. How did the 1987 Yamaha Razz Minibike Adventure come about?

The 1987 Yamaha Razz Minibike Adventure was a spontaneous trip taken by a group of friends who wanted to explore the countryside on their Razz minibikes. They documented their journey and shared it with the world, making the adventure a memorable moment in Yamaha Razz history.

4. What kind of adventures can you have with the 1987 Yamaha Razz Minibike?

The 1987 Yamaha Razz Minibike is perfect for short and fun adventures, such as exploring local trails, riding around town, or even taking a road trip. Its lightweight and compact design make it easy to maneuver, making it suitable for various terrains.

5. Is the 1987 Yamaha Razz Minibike still available for purchase?

The 1987 Yamaha Razz Minibike is no longer in production, but you can still find used ones for sale. However, Yamaha has released newer versions of the Razz Minibike with updated features and designs, which are readily available for purchase.