Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Google ad needs to be removed

1. Sep 19, 2009 #1
    Anybody going to do anything about that ad about the 24 year old supposedly being able to make over $1500/wk with special good ad software and she supposedly been on these major news tv show that keeps flashing on the PF? Now I did major background checking and realized the google ad software is scam and they just want you to enter credit card information on their website, but a lot of people are naive and will get the wrong impression that this ad is factual

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 19, 2009 #2
    Re: false advertising on PF

correction: idiots*

4. Sep 19, 2009 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

noblegas, if you are referring to a google ad appearing here, please post the link. Otherwise, we have no idea what you are referring to.

5. Sep 19, 2009 #4

I am refferring to this ad(http://us-news-magazine.com/b.htm [Broken]) , as a matter of fact, its looking at me right now as I am writing this post:

Google cash kit does not exist .

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  6. Sep 19, 2009 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Anytime you see ads like that, that are crackpot or scams, report them (Feedback is usually a better place for a thread reporting them). Greg does clean up bad google ads, but needs to be told they are there to be able to do anything about them.

7. Sep 19, 2009 #6

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And remember, if you go gold, you don't see ads.

8. Sep 19, 2009 #7
    the ad has been banned, please allow 24h, thanks

9. Sep 19, 2009 #8
    That's yellow!!

This is gold
    Gold
    Bright Gold
    Old Gold

@OP:
    Did you believe the ad for at least once? :rofl:

10. Oct 8, 2009 #9

fluidistic

Gold Member

Alternatively, if you're bothered with ads and if you're using Firefox, you can download the add-on "Noscript" among with "AdblockPlus" and you won't see any ad anymore.

I didn't notice almost any difference with ads when I turned gold about a year ago, thanks to these programs.

11. Oct 8, 2009 #10
    I just started seeing the ads today:

25c5eddf-3289-4bb7-bd98-9e19c1eef312__2.jpg
    "[URL [Broken]
    d8b0d382-4307-4d1e-a150-75245066f3bf__1.jpg [/URL]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  12. Oct 10, 2009 #11
    Should we interfere in Nature? Weaker animals have a larger chance to become food for predators; less intelligent people have a larger chance to become victims of scams.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook