Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Google dead?

1. May 7, 2005 #1
    Google breaks for 5 minutes and everything stops.

Can anyonehere get onto Google? Try refreashing and clearing cache just to make sure... cuz I can't :confused:

bah, nevermind.... delete this thread plz.

2. jcsd
  3. May 7, 2005 #2
    Hmmm.. no problems here, I can get on google. Perhaps your browser is flubbing up? Occasionally IE does that to me and I have to restart.

4. May 7, 2005 #3
    I just had the same problem, and had to resort to a different search engine.

5. May 7, 2005 #4
    I have Google set as my home page, and it hasn't been loading every time during the last little while. It is working now - I just checked, but it wasn't working earlier. I think it has been going down in time intervals less than 30 seconds.

6. May 7, 2005 #5

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

From what i've heard google's dns servers got screwed up. It might be due to dns posioning but i've also heard that it could have been due to google's new web accelerator wrecking havok.

Last edited: May 7, 2005
  7. May 7, 2005 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

No your all wrong, Google can never fail. Google is all-mighty. You have all simply failed to live up to the standard of Googleness and have been rejected temporarily by our God, Google. :P :P

8. May 7, 2005 #7
    I have been feeling a little "unworthy-to-search" lately.

9. May 7, 2005 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

:rofl:

<snort>

It's so good to have you back. :approve:

10. May 7, 2005 #9
    Thanks!

Now let's have an update on your sideways-flying feline over in S&D.

11. May 7, 2005 #10
    No, google was down for a few minutes. Had the same problem. As did all the other geeks i know. A bunch of geeks on an IM craze all trying to see if anyone can get to google. It was funny to watch my screen flood with messages.

12. May 7, 2005 #11
    Face it. Googlie IS the web, and the Web WAS in flames for a short time there. Thank god for fire fighters.

13. May 7, 2005 #12

Pengwuino

Gold Member

lol firefighters :D

14. May 8, 2005 #13

JamesU

Gold Member

Our god, google rejects all other search engines because they are trying to live up to the almighty!

o:) [​IMG] o:)

15. May 8, 2005 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: That's just a bit too much. Didn't any of them just think they should maybe just try back in a few minutes? Geez, it was such a nice day out, take a break and go outside for a while until the site comes back up.

16. May 8, 2005 #15
    We're geeks. Such things are entirely too plebeian. On the upside, i wrote my own firewall today :approve: . Still working on the whole IP masquerade thing though :frown:

17. May 8, 2005 #16

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

"In a statement, Google spokesman David Krane said the problem was related to DNS - but was apparently down to a problem at Google's end. "It was not a hacking or a security issue," said Krane."

I bet someone got sacked for messing with the DNS.

18. May 9, 2005 #17
    I took your advice and googled "Dead" (You did write "Google dead," right?) here is what I got:

Second result is kind of weird, "Cult of the Dead Cow." :rofl:

19. May 9, 2005 #18

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I haven't heard reference to that in ages.

20. May 9, 2005 #19
    I guess you weren't feeling lucky:

The Official Home Page of Grateful Dead
    Address:http://www.dead.net/ Changed:3:35 PM on Monday, May 9, 2005

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?