Google Outage: Everything Stops!

• Thread starter check
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Google
In summary, Google is down for a few minutes and everyone is trying to get on it. Google is the web, and the web was in flames for a short time there. Thank god for fire fighters.
check
Google breaks for 5 minutes and everything stops.

Can anyonehere get onto Google? Try refreashing and clearing cache just to make sure... because I can't :confused:

bah, nevermind... delete this thread please.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hmmm.. no problems here, I can get on google. Perhaps your browser is flubbing up? Occasionally IE does that to me and I have to restart.

I just had the same problem, and had to resort to a different search engine.

I have Google set as my home page, and it hasn't been loading every time during the last little while. It is working now - I just checked, but it wasn't working earlier. I think it has been going down in time intervals less than 30 seconds.

From what I've heard google's dns servers got screwed up. It might be due to dns posioning but I've also heard that it could have been due to google's new web accelerator wrecking havok.

Last edited:
No your all wrong, Google can never fail. Google is all-mighty. You have all simply failed to live up to the standard of Googleness and have been rejected temporarily by our God, Google. :P :P

Pengwuino said:
You have all simply failed to live up to the standard of Googleness and have been rejected temporarily by our God, Google. :P :P
I have been feeling a little "unworthy-to-search" lately.

zoobyshoe said:
I have been feeling a little "unworthy-to-search" lately.
:rofl:

<snort>

It's so good to have you back. :approve:

Evo said:
:rofl:

<snort>

It's so good to have you back. :approve:
Thanks!

Now let's have an update on your sideways-flying feline over in S&D.

motai said:
Hmmm.. no problems here, I can get on google. Perhaps your browser is flubbing up? Occasionally IE does that to me and I have to restart.

No, google was down for a few minutes. Had the same problem. As did all the other geeks i know. A bunch of geeks on an IM craze all trying to see if anyone can get to google. It was funny to watch my screen flood with messages.

Pengwuino said:
No your all wrong, Google can never fail. Google is all-mighty. You have all simply failed to live up to the standard of Googleness and have been rejected temporarily by our God, Google. :P :P

Face it. Googlie IS the web, and the Web WAS in flames for a short time there. Thank god for fire fighters.

lol firefighters :D

Pengwuino said:
Our god, google rejects all other search engines because they are trying to live up to the almighty!

o:)
google-1.jpg
o:)

franznietzsche said:
No, google was down for a few minutes. Had the same problem. As did all the other geeks i know. A bunch of geeks on an IM craze all trying to see if anyone can get to google. It was funny to watch my screen flood with messages.

:rofl: That's just a bit too much. Didn't any of them just think they should maybe just try back in a few minutes? Geez, it was such a nice day out, take a break and go outside for a while until the site comes back up.

Moonbear said:
:rofl: That's just a bit too much. Didn't any of them just think they should maybe just try back in a few minutes? Geez, it was such a nice day out, take a break and go outside for a while until the site comes back up.

We're geeks. Such things are entirely too plebeian. On the upside, i wrote my own firewall today :approve: . Still working on the whole IP masquerade thing though :frown:

"In a statement, Google spokesman David Krane said the problem was related to DNS - but was apparently down to a problem at Google's end. "It was not a hacking or a security issue," said Krane."

I bet someone got sacked for messing with the DNS.

I took your advice and googled "Dead" (You did write "Google dead," right?) here is what I got:

Results 1 - 10 of about 75,800,000 for Dead [definition]. (0.06 seconds)

Second result is kind of weird, "Cult of the Dead Cow." :rofl:

Artman said:
I haven't heard reference to that in ages.

Artman said:
I guess you weren't feeling lucky:

The Official Home Page of Grateful Dead
Address:http://www.dead.net/ Changed:3:35 PM on Monday, May 9, 2005

1. What is a Google outage?

A Google outage is when the Google service experiences a disruption or malfunction, causing it to be temporarily unavailable or slow to access. This can include Google search, Gmail, Google Drive, YouTube, and other Google products.

2. How often do Google outages occur?

Google outages are rare, but they do occur from time to time. In recent years, there have been a few major outages that affected users around the world, but they are usually resolved within a few hours.

3. What causes a Google outage?

There are several possible causes for a Google outage, including technical issues, server problems, network disruptions, and human error. Cyber attacks and natural disasters can also lead to a Google outage.

4. How does a Google outage affect users?

A Google outage can have various effects on users, including the inability to access Google services, slow loading times, error messages, and loss of data or work. It can also impact businesses and organizations that rely on Google for their operations.

5. How does Google handle outages?

Google has a dedicated team that works to quickly identify and resolve any issues causing an outage. They also provide updates and information through their social media channels and the Google Cloud status dashboard. In some cases, Google may offer compensation or credits for businesses affected by a prolonged outage.