Google down for anyone else?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date

Evo

Mentor
I can't reach them and I've been told a lot of their servers are down. They have DNS problems.

Works for me.

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Works for me too. They are all of a sudden http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/now-s-u-p-e-r-sized.html" [Broken], though.

Last edited by a moderator:
try clearing cookies

Evo

Mentor
Didn't help.

ranger

Gold Member
Try one for a different geographical location. UK, Canada, India, etc.

Works for me too. They are all of a sudden http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/now-s-u-p-e-r-sized.html" [Broken], though.
I noticed that too. Its a bit annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything is working in Ohio.

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Google has become self aware.

I know! I thought maybe my eyes were shrinking.
First I thought I accidently changed the font of my own browser. I lowered it and I got confused with other pages. Then the same thing happened again at work and I figured out some people at Google are playing jokes on us. :bugeye: Is this another unexplained phenomenon ?

Evo

Mentor
This must be part of Greg's plot to take over the internet! Last night my internet was completely down for ALL websites, Instant messaging, everything...EXCEPT PF!! PF was the only place I could go, even after clearing cache and cookies. Since I couldn't even reach repair because the line was busy all night, I assume it was my cable service, but why I could reach PF with no problems and post is beyond me.

What's stranger is that the night before, the same thing happened to Kurdt. The internet went down for him and PF was the only place that he could reach.

:surprised

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
This must be part of Greg's plot to take over the internet! Last night my internet was completely down for ALL websites, Instant messaging, everything...EXCEPT PF!! PF was the only place I could go, even after clearing cache and cookies. Since I couldn't even reach repair because the line was busy all night, I assume it was my cable service, but why I could reach PF with no problems and post is beyond me.

What's stranger is that the night before, the same thing happened to Kurdt. The internet went down for him and PF was the only place that he could reach.

:surprised
I had a situation weeks ago, where I could not reach PF from one network (although I could tunnel through AOL to get to PF), but I could reach through another network. I could reach the other usual websites directly from either network though.