Internet Outages: Is PF the Only Website That Works?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Google
In summary: This must be part of Greg's plot to take over the internet! Last night my internet was completely down for ALL websites, Instant messaging, everything...EXCEPT PF! PF was the only place I could go, even after clearing cache and cookies. Since I couldn't even reach repair because the line was busy all night, I assume it was my cable service, but why I could reach PF with no problems and post is beyond me.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I can't reach them and I've been told a lot of their servers are down. They have DNS problems.

Physics news on Phys.org
Works for me.

Works for me too. They are all of a sudden http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/now-s-u-p-e-r-sized.html" , though.

Last edited by a moderator:
try clearing cookies

Didn't help.

Try one for a different geographical location. UK, Canada, India, etc.

ranger said:
Try one for a different geographical location. UK, Canada, India, etc.

yeah google.ca

lisab said:
Works for me too. They are all of a sudden http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/now-s-u-p-e-r-sized.html" , though.

I noticed that too. Its a bit annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything is working in Ohio.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I noticed that too. Its a bit annoying.

I know! I thought maybe my eyes were shrinking.

I suppose I'll adjust, in time.

Google has become self aware.

lisab said:
I know! I thought maybe my eyes were shrinking.
First I thought I accidently changed the font of my own browser. I lowered it and I got confused with other pages. Then the same thing happened again at work and I figured out some people at Google are playing jokes on us. :bugeye: Is this another unexplained phenomenon ?

This must be part of Greg's plot to take over the internet! Last night my internet was completely down for ALL websites, Instant messaging, everything...EXCEPT PF! PF was the only place I could go, even after clearing cache and cookies. Since I couldn't even reach repair because the line was busy all night, I assume it was my cable service, but why I could reach PF with no problems and post is beyond me.

What's stranger is that the night before, the same thing happened to Kurdt. The internet went down for him and PF was the only place that he could reach.

waht said:
Google has become self aware.

:rofl:

Evo said:
This must be part of Greg's plot to take over the internet! Last night my internet was completely down for ALL websites, Instant messaging, everything...EXCEPT PF! PF was the only place I could go, even after clearing cache and cookies. Since I couldn't even reach repair because the line was busy all night, I assume it was my cable service, but why I could reach PF with no problems and post is beyond me.

What's stranger is that the night before, the same thing happened to Kurdt. The internet went down for him and PF was the only place that he could reach.
I had a situation weeks ago, where I could not reach PF from one network (although I could tunnel through AOL to get to PF), but I could reach through another network. I could reach the other usual websites directly from either network though.

1. Is Google down for everyone or just for me?

It is possible that Google may be down for everyone if there is a widespread outage, but it could also be an issue with your individual device or internet connection. To check if it is a widespread issue, you can visit websites such as DownDetector or IsItDownRightNow to see if other users are reporting issues with Google.

2. Why is Google down?

There could be a variety of reasons for Google to be down, such as server issues, maintenance, or technical difficulties. Google has a large and complex infrastructure, so even small issues can cause disruptions in their services.

3. How long will Google be down?

Unfortunately, there is no way to determine an exact timeframe for when Google will be back up and running. It depends on the cause of the outage and how quickly their team is able to resolve the issue. In most cases, Google services are restored within a few hours.

4. What should I do if Google is down?

If Google is down, there is not much you can do except wait for it to come back online. In the meantime, you can try accessing other search engines or using alternative methods to accomplish your tasks. You can also check Google's social media accounts for any updates on the outage.

5. How can I prevent Google from going down in the future?

As a user, there is not much you can do to prevent Google from going down. However, you can make sure to regularly save important documents and use alternative methods for essential tasks. Google also has a team dedicated to addressing and preventing outages, so they are constantly working to improve their services and minimize downtime.