Fixing Disappearing Navigation Bar - Tips & Tricks

In summary, there were issues with the navigation bar not appearing in the downloaded version of Google Earth, but the user was able to fix it by enabling the navigation controls in the settings. They also mention that they have not experienced any problems with version 4.2 and Google Earth always has solutions available.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I just downloaded this version, but the navigation bar on the right hand side does not
show up, it flashes on for a split second then vamooses, hovering over it don't bring it back,
is there some trick to get back?

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Maybe it sank?

It is a beta still isn't it?

Otherwise I'm still using 4.2.

I haven't had any problems with it

No problems here.

http://earth.google.com/intl/en/userguide/v4/ [Broken]
Using the Navigation Controls

Note - If the navigation controls do not appear when you move the cursor over the right corner of the 3D viewer, click View > Show Navigation > Automatically and try again.
Maybe that will help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, it is okay now.

Google always has the answers... even if you can't find it by googling

1. How do I fix a disappearing navigation bar?

The most common cause of a disappearing navigation bar is incorrect CSS styling. Check the CSS code for any errors or missing elements that may be causing the bar to disappear.

2. Why does my navigation bar disappear on certain pages?

This could be due to conflicting CSS styles on those specific pages. Check the CSS code for any conflicting styles or use a different CSS file for those pages.

3. How do I make my navigation bar stay fixed at the top of the page?

To make a navigation bar stay fixed, use the CSS property "position: fixed;" and specify the desired location (e.g. "top: 0; left: 0;") for the bar. This will keep it in place even when scrolling.

4. My navigation bar disappears when I resize the window, how can I fix this?

This is likely due to responsive design settings. Make sure the navigation bar has a set width and is not set to collapse or disappear at certain window sizes.

5. Can I use JavaScript to fix a disappearing navigation bar?

Yes, you can use JavaScript to manipulate the CSS of a navigation bar and fix any disappearing issues. However, it is important to first check if the issue can be resolved through CSS before resorting to JavaScript.