Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Google earth

1. Mar 25, 2006 #1
    will someone who has google earth please go to
    1 deg 55'24.90"N
    157 deg 21'52.47"W
    at an altitude around 100 miles

Do you see an underwater mountain the exact same size and shape as the island next to it? the two foot print shapes could be where god stood when he created the earth, but he would have had to have had two left feet. which would explain penguino.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 25, 2006 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

The second i saw this thread i know i was going to be insulted in it. I just didn't know it would be the first post....

4. Mar 25, 2006 #3
    if I could find a way to do it sooner than post one I would

5. Mar 25, 2006 #4
    the earth has some pretty cool places. the eiffel tower looks a hell of a lot bigger than I thought it was. and there is a perfectly round island next to the forbidden city that I thought looked like a nice place to live.

6. Mar 26, 2006 #5
    nice job insulting pengwomano trib. I must say, Kudos. Good show.

7. Mar 26, 2006 #6

mrjeffy321

Science Advisor

Actually, that perfectly round island and hill right outside the forbidden city is pretty easy to miss when your actually there...I walked right by it and didnt notice it. It is surrounded by some pretty [not] nice places to live.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2006
  8. Mar 26, 2006 #7
    well I've now looked at every square inch of the earth and the coolest looking place has to be the eiffel tower.

9. Mar 26, 2006 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think that's a sign you've been watching too much figure skating. :biggrin:

10. Mar 26, 2006 #9
    The coolest places are in the in presence of beauitful women.

11. Mar 26, 2006 #10

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I hate it when I misplace islands. But I own so many, it happens to me a lot. :frown:

12. Mar 26, 2006 #11
    There's the title you know.

13. Mar 26, 2006 #12

JamesU

Gold Member

Go to 37° 14' 23.91'' and 115° 48' 45.46'' for a better view...(area 51) which also explains pengwuino's origins

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?