Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Google iLoo

1. May 6, 2003 #1

Part of me suspects this must be a joke, but another part suspects it's deadly serious.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. May 6, 2003 #2

I shudder to think what would happen when it inevitably crashes...
  4. May 6, 2003 #3
    Maybe for when bill gates visit a construction site, lol. Otherwise what contractor would pay for this? So his greasy construction workers can have a high tech potty? This must be a fake.
  5. May 6, 2003 #4
  6. May 8, 2003 #5
    There was an article in the daily mail about it today. There going to have them at big musics festivals like Glastonbury but I don't know why someone would wan't to sit on a public toilet at glastonbury and surf the web. Also it's bound to get vandalised within a couple of minutes.
  7. May 8, 2003 #6

Science Advisor

I read about it on yahoo news I believe.

What an idea. A hitech outhouse. What will they think of next?

I'm with you Greg, being a former construction worker. For one, unless they have done something to suppress the stinch that get worse as the day gets hotter, then I don't think anyone will be using it for any lenght of time.

I wonder if it's wifi ready. I wouldn't mind having one for personal use. Hehe
  8. May 9, 2003 #7
    i dont like touching the doornob handles in public toilets

imagine the filth on a public toilet keyboard? No thank you MS!

and god knows what this computer would be used for?
  9. May 14, 2003 #8
    Alas, many creditable sources have verified that the iLoo was a joke created by the Microsoft branch in the UK. Those hooligans!!
  10. May 14, 2003 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Gives a whole new twist to downloads.
  11. May 15, 2003 #10
    Not quite... :wink:
  12. Jun 12, 2003 #11
    now I can say that the universe can no longer surprise me.....
    but who would wanna reinstall windows in there?
  13. Jun 12, 2003 #12

Staff: Mentor

Press releases are like underwear. The primary purpose is to cover your ass (unless you are female :wink: ). So its tough to know exactly what happened there.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?