1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Google iLoo

1. May 6, 2003 #1
    [​IMG]

Part of me suspects this must be a joke, but another part suspects it's deadly serious.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. May 6, 2003 #2

FZ+

I shudder to think what would happen when it inevitably crashes...

4. May 6, 2003 #3
    Maybe for when bill gates visit a construction site, lol. Otherwise what contractor would pay for this? So his greasy construction workers can have a high tech potty? This must be a fake.

5. May 6, 2003 #4
  6. May 8, 2003 #5
    There was an article in the daily mail about it today. There going to have them at big musics festivals like Glastonbury but I don't know why someone would wan't to sit on a public toilet at glastonbury and surf the web. Also it's bound to get vandalised within a couple of minutes.

7. May 8, 2003 #6

megashawn

Science Advisor

I read about it on yahoo news I believe.

What an idea. A hitech outhouse. What will they think of next?

I'm with you Greg, being a former construction worker. For one, unless they have done something to suppress the stinch that get worse as the day gets hotter, then I don't think anyone will be using it for any lenght of time.

I wonder if it's wifi ready. I wouldn't mind having one for personal use. Hehe

8. May 9, 2003 #7
    i dont like touching the doornob handles in public toilets

imagine the filth on a public toilet keyboard? No thank you MS!

and god knows what this computer would be used for?

9. May 14, 2003 #8
    Alas, many creditable sources have verified that the iLoo was a joke created by the Microsoft branch in the UK. Those hooligans!!

10. May 14, 2003 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Gives a whole new twist to downloads.

11. May 15, 2003 #10
    Not quite... :wink:
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030514/wr_nm/tech_microsoft_iloo_dc_2

12. Jun 12, 2003 #11
    now I can say that the universe can no longer surprise me.....
    but who would wanna reinstall windows in there?

13. Jun 12, 2003 #12

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Press releases are like underwear. The primary purpose is to cover your ass (unless you are female :wink: ). So its tough to know exactly what happened there.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?