Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Google in Outlook?

1. Jan 19, 2005 #1
    I heard u can now configure gmail in outlook... can anyone teach me how? thanks!
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 19, 2005 #2
  4. Jan 19, 2005 #3
    cool thanks! i configured my google account already... im donwloading thunderbird as well... can thunderbird read web based mail as well?
  5. Jan 20, 2005 #4
    It can read POP mailboxes, including gmail. Is that what you mean?
  6. Jan 20, 2005 #5
    yeah, gmail worked as well as my POP mailbox... will yahoomail work as well? if ever how do i make it work? thunderbird simply imported my accounts from outlook express
  7. Jan 20, 2005 #6

Don't ever, ever, ever use outlook. Just don't do it. Never ever ever.
  8. Jan 20, 2005 #7
    For yahoo, if you have a premium account then you can configure it to work with thunderbird with ease. However, if you have a free account, then you will need a program like yahoopops, or something similiar. Here is a thread for thunderbird that has links to some of the program websites. http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=53174
  9. Jan 20, 2005 #8

Staff Emeritus

Don't forget that you have to be invited to use the pop3 service from google.
  10. Jan 20, 2005 #9
    I have only had gmail for a few weeks now, but all I had to do was go into, I think, settings and change an option to enable pop3.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?