How Did a Catfish Hack Into a Google Account Without a Password?

In summary, the conversation revolves around a friend who was catfished and had their Google email compromised. The question is raised as to how the catfish was able to hack into the account without knowing the password and why Google did not lock the account after multiple failed login attempts. The possibility of the catfish finding the password through various means is discussed, as well as the existence of darknet databases and websites that can check for compromised emails. It is also emphasized that hacking is not acceptable and can have serious consequences. The conversation ends with a thank you to all contributors and a reminder to be cautious with personal information.
btb4198
So I had a friend that was catfish and he gave the catfish his google email. Some how the catfish was able to hack into his google account. my question is how ?
They did not know his password, so they would had had to tried thousands of combinations before guessing it right, why did Google not lock his account after the 1st 3 tries ?
Also Google suppose to sent a text message when someone log into your account from another computer and google also never did that .
how can this be ?
what code algorithm could that have used to get his password? what code hacking technique could they used to trick Google ?
they did get into his account, but my question is how ?

Technology news on Phys.org
How could we possibly know the answer? Maybe your friend wrote the password down and catfish found it. Maybe your friend used an easy to guess password, like "password" or his child's birthday. Maybe your friend told his wife the password and catfish is having an affair with your friend's wife and she let it slip during "pillow talk". Maybe...

Sorry just find to get helpful information.

is there away to hack google ? like would google not time off after 3 wrong logins?
also is there a way to login to google without getting a notifications?

There are many darknet databases of email to password tables so given that info it’s possible for the catfish to find many potential passwords and people being what they are will tend to use the same ones over and over or use an easily discernible password pattern that the catfish could figure out.

I remember there’s a site called “have I been pwned?”that will take your email and check it against these databases to see if it’s been compromised in some recent hack.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

In this kind of case, I would also be suspicious of the website I provided above even. It’s always a good thing to check if it’s been hacked via news reports ala google searches on the name. Nowadays websites fall into disuse or lose their domain name and other questionable entities latch on to it and you wouldn’t want to give away your email for that.

In closing, no one should condone hacking for any reason. Ultimately, people get hurt emotionally, financially or physically and that is just plain wrong. So without further ado and since there’s nothing more to add here, we will close this thread.

Thank you all for contributing.

Jedi

1. What are MindTricks?

MindTricks are a set of techniques and strategies used to manipulate or influence the thoughts, feelings, and behaviors of others.

2. How do MindTricks work?

MindTricks work by taking advantage of cognitive biases and vulnerabilities in our thought processes to persuade or deceive someone into thinking or behaving in a certain way.

3. Are MindTricks ethical?

The ethicality of MindTricks is a subject of debate. While some may argue that it is a form of manipulation and therefore unethical, others may argue that it is simply a tool for communication and persuasion.

4. Can anyone learn MindTricks?

Yes, anyone can learn MindTricks through study, practice, and observation of human behavior. However, it is important to use these techniques responsibly and ethically.

5. What are some examples of MindTricks?

Some common examples of MindTricks include mirroring, anchoring, and social proof. These techniques involve subtly influencing someone's thoughts or behaviors through imitation, association, and the influence of others.