Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Google Project Glass

1. Apr 16, 2012 #1
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 16, 2012 #2
    That is awesome, now I have something I can talk to that can understand my Engish.

4. Apr 16, 2012 #3
    At first I thought:
    Geordi_La_Forge.jpg

But then I realized:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysIClyFCgzs

Really though, this is what google was claiming the product would look like:
    http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/04/06/Brin_glasses_Thomas_Hawk_610x407.jpg [Broken]

The thing from that video, I can't tell if it's the same with a ton of extra camera gear on it, or if it's just that much bigger. If it just projects onto a lense, I would really have to see it in person to judge it, that video is NOT a camera of a lense with the device projecting on it. That is definitely an output from the devise super imposed over the video. Sure, it may be in real time, and it might be actual "footage"... I've seen a few heads up displays in my life, in cars, and even some very high end ones in jets, it's nothing nice looking at all.

Also, you think texting while driving is bad....

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  5. Apr 16, 2012 #4

jhae2.718

Gold Member

6. Apr 17, 2012 #5
    Google is just exploring the software and cheaper hardware possibilities. There are already people developing much better displays and even one that fits inside contact lenses. A step closer to sticking a wire in your brain and displaying the picture right on you occipital lobe.

7. Apr 27, 2012 #6
    I can't imagine the first few models being a "must get", but this is a good step.

8. Apr 29, 2012 #7
    Whoa, how do you get those ad things on your sites? Did your adblocker break?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook