Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Google spell checker

1. Jun 17, 2006 #1
    I thought i wood try the Google FireFox toolbar spell checker for forms. Lets sea if it works on forums to. I used too copy and paste into ant email then spell check it. Maybe I know longer need to do that....:biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 17, 2006 #2
    :rofl: Is this supposed to be a joke?

4. Jun 17, 2006 #3
    yes:biggrin:

5. Jun 18, 2006 #4
    Besides the google spell check in the ff toolbar, the spell check in the normal search feature works very well.

6. Jun 18, 2006 #5

dav2008

Gold Member

I used to copy and paste into MS Word to spell check, but now I use the Google spell check.

Using the normal search feature only works if you want to check the spelling of a specific word. It won't help you if you just want to scan your text for unnoticed spelling mistakes.

7. Jun 19, 2006 #6

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I use the google toolbar spell check frequently, works fine. I also use IEspell, that may not work so well in firefox. :smile:

edit: I have recently switched computers at work.. I no longer have a browser spell check.. So... expect some misspelled words!

8. Jun 19, 2006 #7

rcgldr

Homework Helper

I tried the spell checker, but it didn't know the difference between "eye of newt" or "hair of goat". Seemed useless.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook