Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Google spell checker

1. Jun 17, 2006 #1
    I thought i wood try the Google FireFox toolbar spell checker for forms. Lets sea if it works on forums to. I used too copy and paste into ant email then spell check it. Maybe I know longer need to do that....:biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 17, 2006 #2
    :rofl: Is this supposed to be a joke?

4. Jun 17, 2006 #3
    yes:biggrin:

5. Jun 18, 2006 #4
    Besides the google spell check in the ff toolbar, the spell check in the normal search feature works very well.

6. Jun 18, 2006 #5

dav2008

Gold Member

I used to copy and paste into MS Word to spell check, but now I use the Google spell check.

Using the normal search feature only works if you want to check the spelling of a specific word. It won't help you if you just want to scan your text for unnoticed spelling mistakes.

7. Jun 19, 2006 #6

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I use the google toolbar spell check frequently, works fine. I also use IEspell, that may not work so well in firefox. :smile:

edit: I have recently switched computers at work.. I no longer have a browser spell check.. So... expect some misspelled words!

8. Jun 19, 2006 #7

rcgldr

Homework Helper

I tried the spell checker, but it didn't know the difference between "eye of newt" or "hair of goat". Seemed useless.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?