Can Google Find Weapons of Mass Destruction?

• News
  • Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Google
In summary, the conversation is about a humorous Easter egg on Google's website when searching for "weapons of mass destruction". The "I'm feeling lucky" button takes you directly to a specific website related to the search, prompting laughter and discussion about whether Google intentionally placed it there. The conversation also mentions other searches that lead to funny results.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
go to google.com and type in "weapons of mass destruction". Then hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button just below.

http://www.google.com

Physics news on Phys.org
I have to admit it.

Thats pretty damn funny.

Originally posted by Ganshauk
I have to admit it.

Thats pretty damn funny.

That's OK. I laughed at Clinton a lot too.

I seriously thought my browser messed up and then I took a closer look.

Pretty funny. :smile:

Nice little easter egg there. I never have hit that button before...

Well, the page shows up as the first link in an ordinary search... the "I'm feeling lucky" button merely takes you to the first link your search would have provided.

As to whether they rigged the search to put that link first is another question. :smile:

Hehe.

Interesting, although it is obvious Google has nothing to do with the choosing of that site first, it simply has the most relevance to the search due to it's mentioning of WMD so many times.

if you click the right link on the page, you can order a tshirt with the page on it.

Also try
french military victories

funny, but is this actually related to google or not?

Originally posted by Dave
Also try

Pretty funny

Originally posted by Dave
Also try
Haha, that's a funny one!

What is "Google takes on Bush"?

"Google takes on Bush" refers to the incident in 2006 when Google publicly criticized the Bush administration for its policies on net neutrality and internet censorship.

Why did Google take on Bush?

Google took on Bush because they believed the policies of the administration were a threat to a free and open internet, which was crucial for their business and core values.

What were the specific policies that Google was against?

Google was against the policies of net neutrality, which would allow internet service providers to restrict or control access to certain websites or content, and internet censorship, which would limit freedom of expression and access to information.

How did Google take on Bush?

Google took on Bush by publicly voicing their opposition to the policies and advocating for a free and open internet. They also worked with other companies and organizations to raise awareness and push for change.

What was the outcome of Google taking on Bush?

The outcome of Google taking on Bush was mixed. While they were not able to completely prevent the implementation of the policies, they did bring attention to the issue and helped to shape the conversation around net neutrality and internet censorship. Ultimately, these policies were not implemented during the Bush administration, but continued to be a topic of debate in future years.