Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Google Values Your Privacy at $.0543 Per Day

1. Mar 2, 2012 #1
    Are you looking for a way to get rich? *This isn’t the place for that; but if you are into over-sharing, this is definitely the program for you. *Starting today, you can sign up for Google’s new trend survey program … Continue reading →http://stats.wordpress.com/b.gif?host=virtualnavigator.wordpress.com&blog=11498882&post=868&subd=virtualnavigator&ref=&feed=1

Read More...

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 5, 2012 #2

Pyrrhus

Homework Helper

Not surprising. Google is obsessed with private information. That's how they improve their marketing algorithms to get you buy "stuff". Google values your privacy at 5 cents per day. I suspect people may value their privacy 10-12 dollars per day, maybe higher depending on job, income...

4. Mar 22, 2012 #3

berned_you

Gold Member

Let's take a poll...what's your privacy worth? I think I'd sell my info for $2/day.

5. Mar 22, 2012 #4

Pyrrhus

Homework Helper

It depends on the content of your information. Google doesn't care about harmless information. Google wants to know where you live, your web history, your consumer habits, and so on.

6. Apr 18, 2012 #5
    So what is that worth to you? Note they already track all this now for free. I would allow it for $2 a day as well.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook