Google Grand Central: Try It Out Now!

• Thread starter rootX
  • Start date
In summary, the speakers discuss their experiences with Grandcentral, a phone service that allows users to manage multiple phone numbers. One speaker was able to quickly obtain an account and is happy with the service, while the other is interested in trying it out but has not been able to get an account. They also mention that the service does not currently offer Canadian numbers.
rootX
http://www.grandcentral.com/home/intro

My friend somehow managed to get me the account in one day and I am supper happy :biggrin: even though I never phone!

I haven't tried this service much, anyone else knows about it?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah, I know about grandcentral and I'm eager to try it out but I haven't been able to get an account. Would mind sending me an invite?

ohms_law said:
Yeah, I know about grandcentral and I'm eager to try it out but I haven't been able to get an account. Would mind sending me an invite?

They don't have that feature now. My friend gave me some unused old account.

I was really excited about it yesterday but
couldn't get out of it much - does not provide Canadian numbers :grumpy:

What is Google Grand Central?

Google Grand Central is a telecommunications service offered by Google that provides a single phone number for all of your devices and allows you to manage your voicemail and call routing preferences.

How do I sign up for Google Grand Central?

To sign up for Google Grand Central, you can download the app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and create an account using your Google account. Alternatively, you can visit the Grand Central website and sign up using your email address.

What are the features of Google Grand Central?

Google Grand Central offers a variety of features including a single phone number for all devices, voicemail transcription, call screening, call blocking, and call routing options. It also integrates with other Google services such as Google Calendar and Gmail.

Is Google Grand Central free?

Yes, Google Grand Central is currently free to use. However, certain call forwarding and international calling features may require additional fees.

Can I use my existing phone number with Google Grand Central?

Yes, you can either choose a new phone number or transfer your existing number to Google Grand Central. However, transferring your number may result in additional fees and may not be available in all areas.