Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Got Halo 2?

1. Nov 8, 2004 #1
    or getting it. I am but I'll be damned if I let it destroy my focus on school. In part that's probably why Halo 2 and Chessmaster are the only games I will be playing the rest of this year and far into 2k5 maybe. Sad really when a video game is threatening to take my focus. What happened to the good ol' days when it was girls. :frown:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 8, 2004 #2
    Halo is overrated.

4. Nov 8, 2004 #3
    Most video games are overrated. I rarely find I game I can play for a long period of time. I haven't even finished beating Doom 3 and it's a 94% rated game.

5. Nov 8, 2004 #4
    Halo isn't overrated at all.

How bout Half life 2. thats coming out next week.

uh oh :S

6. Nov 8, 2004 #5
    Halo is definitely overrated. Half-life wasn't though. That game kicked so much ***. I can't wait till HL:2.

7. Nov 8, 2004 #6
    Ah, yes. Halflife 2, I can hardly wait. I just recently beat the first one in fact.

8. Nov 8, 2004 #7

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I enjoyed Halo for a bit. I got bored fighting the same 4 beasties over and over again. Also didn't like that they re-used the level layouts (with minor changes).

My housemate was a Halo addict... he's beaten it multiple times. He's had it on pre-order for a few months now.

9. Nov 8, 2004 #8

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I can't get into a game that's not realistic...hence Doom and Halo don't cut it for me. Give me Medal of Honor or Nam '67 and I'm a happy bloke.

10. Nov 9, 2004 #9

Gza

I just got the new GTA. Hands down the best game i've ever played.

11. Nov 9, 2004 #10
    I also have trouble playing the same game for too long. Aside from EA Sports games, I lose interest. :biggrin:

I don't get how people can play 4 discs of Final Fantasy when the only non-sport games I've finished was Call of Duty, Command & Conquer Red Alert (1&2) and Spider-man with cheats.

Back to the topic of Halo: It's never going to work with Mac, is it? :yuck:

12. Nov 10, 2004 #11
    ROME: Total War

That is the only game to be gotten this year. It is, unequivocably, the ****.

13. Nov 10, 2004 #12
    I just played Halo 2 at a friend's house.

It is practically the same Halo as before. There's many new maps, and some new guns. You can now use two guns at the same time.

I quite enjoyed it. Although i hate the controllers.

14. Nov 10, 2004 #13

jimmy p

Gold Member

I loved Halo because though the levels and stuff were the same, the AI was always different. Plus there were more than 4 beasties. Halo 2 will be delievered in a couple of days.

Oh yeah. The total war series rocks. Especially Medieval.

15. Nov 10, 2004 #14
    well, i thought halo and half-life wre good games, they are hardly my top picks, the total war series rock, i love the elderscrolls series(i cant wait for Oblivion to ship), Cossacks ruled(cossacks 2 cant wait), but i cant wait til H-L2 to come out cause i want Vampires to come out, since it uses the same source engine, it has to ship after H-L2, gimmi an RTS a single player RPG(not that fable crap) or a realistic shooter and i'm all over it

gokul, you like realistic shooter, have you tried Men of Valor(vietnam) or Call of Duty series, how bout Rainbow6 series, or the battlefield series, depending on what you like, you should check em out

16. Nov 10, 2004 #15
    San Andreas owns Halo AND Halo 2.

17. Nov 11, 2004 #16

jimmy p

Gold Member

Do you mean Vampire: Bloodlines? Man that game is going to rock. Men of Valor is a fun game. Annoying but fun.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?