1) What is the GPE of a 2 kg block 5 meters above the floor?
2) Joe throws a 4 kg stone straight up and it reaches a height of 5 meters. What is its GPE at its highest point?
3) How high do you have to lift a 1 kg ball to give it 49 J of GPE?[/B]
4) What is the KE of a 4kg mass at 3 m/s?
5) What is the mass of an object that has 100J of KE when moving at 5 m/s?
Honestly, the only thing I understand is the GPE stuff, which I believe is to simply multiply the mass and height together. I'm not sure if KPE is just as simple.
The Attempt at a Solution
2) I got 20J but it says "highest point" so I don't know if that requires a different formula.
3) Seems simple enough, I got 49 meters by dividing 49J by 1 kg.
4 and 5 and basically Kinetic energy in general is what I need help on.