1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

GPS + Zaurus

1. Apr 11, 2005 #1

cronxeh

Gold Member

Ok Im thinking of getting Sysonchip CF Plus II GPS receiver w/ builtin 256 Mb memory
    for my Sharp Zaurus SL-5000D

Now I got qpegps working and it seems I'd need about a half a million maps (~200 MB) for the trip. Has anyone ever gotten any other GPS mapping software working under opie for linux/arm? If anyone has Ipaq with GPS, what kind of software are you using?

I might be able to get Familiar up and running on Zaurus, but thats not desirable. I'm currently using Open Zaurus 3.5.2 - do you have any suggestions as to the other kinds of software I could try that use vector mapping and have a full capability of finding address on the map (sort of like MapPoint or MS Streets & Trips - the space isnt a concern). It need not be freeware

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted