GR: conformally flat S-T cosmology

Your name]In summary, the post does not clearly state the problem or provide relevant equations, making it difficult to provide a helpful response. The poster is advised to review the problem and provide all necessary information for a more accurate response.
binbagsss

Homework Statement

blueblue shift anti de itter.png

Homework Equations

look up, look down, your pants fell down

The Attempt at a Solution

[/B]

Time-like killing vector is associated with energy.

## \frac{d}{ds} (\frac{\mu^2\dot{t}}{R^2})=0##

Let me denote this conserved quantity by the constant ##E=\frac{\mu^\dot{t}}{R^2}##
where ##\mu=\mu(z)## . similarly we for sure have a conserved quantity associated with ##x## and ##y## , I am unsure about ##z## however...

a)##ds^2=\frac{\mu^2}{R^2}(-dt^2+dx^2+dy^2+dz^2)##

b) it is conformally flat since it is the flat space-time (in Cartesian coordinates) metric multiplied by a factor which is a function of the coordinates
c ) since it says to 'write down' the geodesic equations it is clear that the metric components have no dependence on ##t,y,x## and so there is a KVF associated with each of these coordinates. I am unsure whether you treat ## \mu(z)## as ##z## dependence or not.
So if when writing the Euler Lagrange equation associated with ##z## i was going to do:
##\frac{dL}{dz}=\frac{dL}{d/mu}\frac{d\mu}{dz}## .If I don't do this then there is not a conserved quantity associated with ##z## .
However since the question asks you to 'write down' I suspect we ignore the implicit depdence of ##z## via ##\mu## so that there is a conserved quantity associated with ##z## and are only interested in any explicit dependence when differentiating ##L##. Is this correct? I don't really understand why you'd ignore the implicit dependence of ##z##

many thansk

Attachments

• blueblue shift anti de itter.png
    blueblue shift anti de itter.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 643
Physics news on Phys.org

Thank you for your post. It appears that you are attempting to solve a problem related to time-like killing vectors and conformally flat metrics. However, the equations you have provided do not seem to be related to the problem at hand. Additionally, the homework statement and equations are not clearly stated, making it difficult to provide a helpful response.

I suggest reviewing the problem and providing clear and concise statements of the homework statement and equations. Additionally, please provide your attempt at a solution with relevant equations and explanations. This will help me and other forum members to better understand the problem and provide a more accurate response.

In general, it is important to clearly state the problem and provide all relevant information in order to receive a helpful response. I look forward to seeing your revised post and assisting you with your problem.

1. What is conformally flat S-T cosmology?

Conformally flat S-T cosmology is a model used in general relativity to describe the universe as a whole. It assumes that the universe is homogeneous and isotropic, meaning that it looks the same in all directions and at all points in time. It also assumes that the universe is conformally flat, meaning that the geometry of space-time is described by a conformal factor that is independent of time.

2. How does conformally flat S-T cosmology differ from other cosmological models?

Unlike other cosmological models, conformally flat S-T cosmology does not take into account the presence of matter or energy in the universe. It also does not include the effects of gravity, which are described by the curvature of space-time. Instead, it simplifies the equations of general relativity by assuming a conformally flat geometry.

3. What are some applications of conformally flat S-T cosmology?

Conformally flat S-T cosmology is often used to study the large-scale structure of the universe, such as the distribution of galaxies and clusters of galaxies. It is also used to make predictions about the expansion of the universe and the evolution of its geometry over time.

4. How does conformally flat S-T cosmology relate to the Big Bang theory?

The Big Bang theory is a specific model within conformally flat S-T cosmology that describes the early stages of the universe's evolution. It assumes that the universe began as a singularity and has been expanding and cooling ever since. The theory also predicts the cosmic microwave background radiation, which is considered to be a key piece of evidence in support of the Big Bang theory.

5. Are there any challenges or limitations to conformally flat S-T cosmology?

While conformally flat S-T cosmology has been successful in making predictions about the large-scale structure and evolution of the universe, it has some limitations. For example, it does not take into account the effects of dark matter and dark energy, which are thought to make up a large portion of the universe's mass and energy. It also does not explain the flatness and horizon problems of the standard cosmological model, which have led to the development of more complex theories such as inflation.