1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Grad. nuc E, with physis BS?

1. Sep 22, 2009 #1
    Hey guys,
    I just started college as a current BS in Mech engineering. While I so far like this field, I often read about and seem alot more interested in Nuclear energy. Although the college I am currently at is a pretty big school (U of delaware) they do not have Nuclear engineering as an undergrad program. I was debating about going in for Mech E or physics before actually enrolling, and now am questioning again about my choice. Would I be able to go to a grad school for nuclear engineering with a physics BS? It seems like that would be more relevant than Mech E, and I really don't want to have to transfer at this time.

Thanks,
    Ben

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 22, 2009 #2
    Nuclear engineering programs are rare enough that graduate level programs are much more lenient on the backgrounds they allow than most other graduate programs might. I think you'd be fine (in fact, when I took a nuclear engineering class, that's exactly what the professor had done).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook