Which European Universities Are Best for a Master's in Applied Physics?

In summary: Ultimately, your decision should be based on your research interests and career goals, and you should carefully review the faculty and research opportunities at each university to determine which would be the best fit for you. In summary, there are many excellent options for pursuing a Master's degree in applied physics in Europe, and you should carefully consider your options before making your decision.
Septim
Greetings,

I am going to get my bachelor's degree in physics from Middle East Technical University(Ankara/TURKEY) this year. I would like to continue my graduate studies in applied physics areas and especially photonics. Up to this date I have applied to the physics department of the following highly ranked universities from USA, namely MIT, Stanford, Caltech, UC Berkeley, Cornell University and ECE department of Johns Hopkins University. So far I have received four rejection and the two applications from Caltech and Johns Hopkins University are still pending. I am skeptical about these two remaining applications and would like to apply to European Universities. My objective is to pursue a master's degree in an applied physics branch then apply to USA again. Which universities should I prefer over others?

Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
.When it comes to pursuing a Master's degree in applied physics, there are a number of highly ranked universities in Europe that you should consider. Some of the top options include the University of Cambridge, Imperial College London, ETH Zurich, Ecole Polytechnique in Paris, and the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich. All of these universities are well-regarded for their research and teaching in applied physics. Additionally, many of them offer generous scholarships and fellowships to help international students with their studies. You should also consider applying to the Technical University of Munich, the Technical University of Berlin, and the University of Oxford, as they all have strong programs in applied physics as well.

1. What are the top universities in Europe for graduate school?

Some of the top universities in Europe for graduate school include the University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, ETH Zurich, Imperial College London, and University College London.

2. What are the benefits of attending graduate school in Europe?

Attending graduate school in Europe can provide a diverse and international learning experience, access to top research facilities and faculty, and opportunities for networking and career advancement.

3. Are there any language requirements for graduate school in Europe?

Depending on the country and university, there may be language requirements for graduate programs in Europe. Some universities may require proficiency in the language of instruction, while others may offer programs in English.

4. How long does it typically take to complete a graduate program in Europe?

The length of graduate programs in Europe varies depending on the country and program. In general, master's programs can range from 1-2 years, while doctoral programs can take 3-4 years to complete.

5. What are the costs associated with attending graduate school in Europe?

The cost of attending graduate school in Europe can vary greatly. Some countries, such as Germany and Norway, offer tuition-free education for international students, while others may have higher tuition fees. It is important to research the specific costs associated with your desired program and country.