Grad school for phd in NANOTECH?

In summary, the conversation is about planning for a Phd in Nanotechnology, with a focus on Molecular robotics, NEMS, MEMS, and nano-composites. The speaker is currently pursuing a B.Tech in Mech Engineering with a GPA of 8.7/10 and is asking for recommendations on which colleges to apply to, with a list including Northwestern, Ohio State Univ., Michigan, and USC Viterbi. The conversation also touches on the prospects of obtaining GRA/GTA funding for international students, with the suggestion to contact potential universities directly for more information.
sadhu
Grad school for phd in NANOTECH??

I am planning for a Phd in Nanotechnology, particularly related to Molecular robotics/NEMS/MEMS/ and even nano-composites may do..though its not my first choice
currently i am pursuing B.Tech in Mech engg...and have Cumulative gpa (till 6th sem) of 8.7/10 which roughly correspond to 4.00/4.00 ( from online gpa converter)..which colleges should i apply ??..the list i prepared is
1)northwestern
2) Ohio state univ.
3)Michigan
4)USC viterbi

what are prospects of getting GRA/GTA (for phd) at these colleges for international students??

Physics news on Phys.org
Your prospects of obtaining GRA/GTA funding will depend on the individual university you apply to. Generally, universities have different requirements and criteria for international students when it comes to funding. It is best to contact potential universities directly for more information and to make sure that you meet their requirements. In addition, many universities offer research or teaching assistantships which can help to cover the costs of tuition and living expenses.

1. What is a PhD in Nanotechnology?

A PhD in Nanotechnology is a doctoral degree that focuses on the study of materials and systems at the nanoscale, which is one billionth of a meter. It combines principles from physics, chemistry, biology, and engineering to understand and manipulate matter at the nanoscale level.

2. What are the benefits of pursuing a PhD in Nanotechnology?

A PhD in Nanotechnology can lead to many career opportunities in various industries, including healthcare, electronics, energy, and materials. It also allows you to conduct cutting-edge research and contribute to advancements in the field of nanotechnology.

3. What are the admission requirements for a PhD in Nanotechnology program?

The specific admission requirements may vary by university, but generally, applicants should have a strong academic background in a related field such as engineering, chemistry, or physics. Most programs also require GRE scores, letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose.

4. How long does it typically take to complete a PhD in Nanotechnology?

The length of a PhD program in Nanotechnology can vary, but it typically takes 4-5 years to complete. This includes coursework, research, and dissertation writing. The duration may also depend on the individual's progress and the specific requirements of the program.

5. What career opportunities are available after obtaining a PhD in Nanotechnology?

Graduates with a PhD in Nanotechnology can pursue careers in research and development, academia, government agencies, and industry. Some specific job titles may include nanotechnology researcher, materials scientist, process engineer, or product development manager.