1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Grad school, taking the GRE

1. Aug 12, 2009 #1
    I had a couple of questions about getting ready for grad school, mainly about taking the GRE(physics & general). I'm starting my 4th year this fall and will be applying to grad school next fall, since it's taking me 4 and a half years to graduate. As far as the GRE, I was planning on taking it twice - once in Spring 2010 and next in the early Fall 2010 before I apply. One of my concerns was, do grad schools frown upon students taking the GRE more than once? And if I get a better score the 2nd time, will they receive the 2nd score in a sufficient amount of time before making their decision? Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 13, 2009 #2
    I don't think grad schools would look down on you taking the GRE twice, although I can't be entirely sure. During one of my grad school visits, I met someone who took the Math Subject GRE twice and he ended up going to a really good place. But again, I could be wrong about this.

And about taking the subject GRE in the fall, assuming you take it in October, grad schools with deadlines in December should receive it, although if the deadline is at the beginning of December then it's kind of risky.

4. Aug 13, 2009 #3
    just be aware that graduate schools will see both of your scores

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook