1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Grad Schools for Masters in Geotechnical Engineering?

1. Oct 8, 2013 #1
    Hello,
    I am in my fourth of five years as a BS/BA candidate in civil engineering and music at a liberal arts school. I'd like to get my masters degree after my 5th year. I'm considering staying here for one more year to do it. I have a great research adviser, there is a stipend offered, and I could start in my 5th year and finish in one extra year. But I do know that the quality of education here isn't as good as other places. Does anyone have any suggestions of some universities that have good geotech programs? I'd like to limit my search to the Northeast/Midwest or possibly Southeast (as in, not Texas or California). Ideally, I'd like to find a program with a stipend or some other sort of monetary help, because I can't really afford to pay for my masters degree in full.
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you very much!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted