Ryerson MEng Aerospace: Should I Go?

In summary, the decision to attend Ryerson's MEng in Aerospace program depends on personal goals and preferences. The program offers a strong curriculum and industry connections, but may not be suitable for those looking for a research-focused program. Admission requirements include a bachelor's degree, statement of intent, letters of recommendation, and relevant work experience is preferred. The program is full-time and takes 12-16 months to complete with a heavy course load. Graduates are prepared for various roles in the aerospace industry and the program also opens up opportunities for further studies. The program costs $25,000 for domestic students and $50,000 for international students, but there are financial aid options available.
jones 4141
hello,

I got admit from Ryerson for fall 2015 in M.eng - Aerospace. should i go for it? hoe is it? or should i wait for other university reply. have applied in UTIAS , Mcgill, Concordia and Carleton also.

In a bit of confusion as confirmation date is only a week away. need immediate assisatnce.

I got in the Aerodynamics and Propulsion Btw.

Physics news on Phys.org
So you have a week before you need to make a decision? Why not wait to hear back? Was Ryerson your #1 choice?

1. Should I go to Ryerson for my MEng in Aerospace?

This decision ultimately depends on your personal goals and preferences. Ryerson's MEng in Aerospace program offers a strong curriculum with a focus on practical, hands-on learning. It also has a strong connection to the industry through its partnerships with companies like Bombardier and Pratt & Whitney Canada. However, if you are looking for a more research-oriented program, Ryerson may not be the best fit for you.

2. What are the admission requirements for Ryerson's MEng Aerospace program?

The admission requirements for the MEng in Aerospace program at Ryerson include a bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field, with a minimum GPA of 3.0. You will also need to submit a statement of intent, two letters of recommendation, and your resume. Some relevant work experience is preferred but not required.

3. How long is the program and what is the course load like?

The MEng in Aerospace program at Ryerson is a full-time program that takes approximately 12-16 months to complete. The course load is quite heavy, with most students taking 3-4 courses per semester. However, the program is designed to be completed within a short time frame, allowing students to enter the job market sooner.

4. What kind of job opportunities are available after completing the program?

Ryerson's MEng in Aerospace program prepares students for various roles in the aerospace industry, such as aircraft design, manufacturing, and maintenance. Graduates of this program have gone on to work for companies like Bombardier, Airbus, and Boeing in roles such as design engineer, project manager, and systems engineer. The program also opens up opportunities for further studies in aerospace engineering or related fields.

5. How much does the program cost and are there any financial aid options available?

The total cost of the MEng in Aerospace program at Ryerson is approximately $25,000 for domestic students and $50,000 for international students. There are various financial aid options available, including scholarships, bursaries, and assistantships. It is recommended to research and apply for these options early on to increase your chances of receiving aid.