1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Grade 10 - Algebra Question

1. Oct 4, 2005 #1
    Please, I really need this answer by today (before 12 hrs from now), for my take-home-quiz..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A quadrilateral has vertices K(-1,4) L(2,2) M(0,-1) and N(-3,1). Verify that:

a) a quadrilateral is a square

b) each diagonal of the quadrilateral is the perpendicular bisector of the other diagonal

c) the diagonals of the quadrilateral are equal in length

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 4, 2005 #2

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

sorry, take home quizzes are to test your knowledge not ours.

4. Oct 4, 2005 #3
    I cannot understand the question, please help me... -- forget i said it was take-home-quiz, its actually my homework.. please just help..

5. Oct 4, 2005 #4

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Did you plot the given points? Are they a square? What do you know of the properties of a square that you could apply to this?

Look at the definition of a perpendicular bisector, can you apply it to the diagonals of your quadrilateral?

Tell us something of what you know about a quadrilateral and a square.

6. Oct 5, 2005 #5
    Try plotting the points on a graph paper, it will help you vizualize

Now here are some hints:
    Square as 4 congruent sides
    Square has at least 1 right angle

look up the distance formula in ur textbook and how to find slope, and how slopes are in right angles

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?