How Much Work Does a Crane Do to Lift Soil?

In summary, the problem at hand involves a crane lifting a bucket of soil with a density of 2.00x10^3kg/m^3 to a height of 7.50m. The weight of the bucket is given as 2.25x10^3N and the weight of the soil can be calculated using the equation weight=mass*g. Once the weight of the soil is determined, it can be added to the weight of the bucket to find the total weight being lifted. The work performed by the crane can then be calculated using W=Fd.
Iceclover

Homework Statement

A crane lifts a 2.25x10^3 bucket containing 1.15m^3 of soil (density = 2.00x10^3kg/m^3) to a height of 7.50 m. Calculate the work the crane performs.

Homework Equations

D=m/V
W=Fd

The Attempt at a Solution

F=2n25x10^3N
d=7.50m
D=2.00x10^3 kg/m^3
V=1.15m^3
W=?

alright so I've calculated the mass the object will have and i got 2.3 x 10^3kg
Now i was just wondering if anyone could help me on where to go from here?

Physics news on Phys.org
find the weight of the soil, add it on to the weight of the bucket and use your W=Fd equation.

how do i find the weight of the soil and the weight of the bucket?

weight=mass*g

g=acceleration due to gravity=9.81

you already know the weight of the bucket is 2.25*103 N.

Is it N or kg? You didnt specify and its very important

is what in N or kg? everything is there

1. What is the problem statement for Grade 11 physics problem 4?

The problem statement for Grade 11 physics problem 4 is to calculate the velocity of an object after a certain amount of time, given its initial velocity and acceleration.

2. What are the units for velocity in this problem?

In this problem, velocity is measured in meters per second (m/s).

3. What is the formula used to solve this problem?

The formula used to solve this problem is: v = u + at, where v is the final velocity, u is the initial velocity, a is the acceleration, and t is the time.

4. How can I determine the direction of the velocity?

The direction of the velocity can be determined by the sign of the velocity value. If the velocity is positive, the direction is in the same direction as the initial velocity. If the velocity is negative, the direction is in the opposite direction of the initial velocity.

5. What is the importance of correctly setting up the problem for this type of question?

Correctly setting up the problem is crucial in solving physics problems because it ensures that all the given information is taken into account and the correct formula is used. It also helps to avoid errors and ensures a more accurate answer.