1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Grade 12 physics

1. Mar 26, 2005 #1
    5. A particle with a charge of -4.00 × 10-6 C moves through a uniform electric field of 70.0 N/C directed downwards. It is moving horizontally at 12.0 cm/s exactly between two plates that are 10.0 cm apart. The particle has a mass of 0.0400 g.
    a. What is the net force on the particle?
    b. What is the acceleration of the particle?
    c. How long will it take to strike one of the plates?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 26, 2005 #2

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Okay,what did u do so far?

Daniel.

4. Mar 26, 2005 #3
    so far i have drwn a diagram to what i am dealing with...i am stuck after that

5. Mar 26, 2005 #4

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

a)What is the formula connecting the Coulomb force & the electric (electrostatic) field E...?

b)What is the connection between force & acceleration...?

c)What kind of dynamics does the charge have in a constant electric field...?

Daniel.

6. Mar 26, 2005 #5
    What are the forces acting on it? There is a uniform electric field and a charge travelling through.

7. Mar 27, 2005 #6
    dexter posted those three EXTREMELY helpful hints for you. Each of those statements consists of a formula within your textbook/notes. Look for them.

8. Mar 28, 2005 #7
    thanks for the help.. i got it right on the work sheet..thanks a lot

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?