Solve the A4 Sheet Folding Puzzle!

In summary, the conversation discusses a puzzle given to a class by a maths teacher in year 12. The puzzle involves folding an A4 sheet of paper along lines so that the numbers are in order. The teacher and his classes were unable to solve it, but the speaker was able to solve it in 20 minutes. They also mention another puzzle, the 8 queens puzzle, which they were able to solve in less than a minute.
Kazza_765
In year 12 my maths teacher gave the class this puzzle. The idea is to fold an A4 sheet of paper, along the lines, such that the numbers are in order. Just to make it clear, the numbers don't have to be in order as you unfold it or anything, but when folded the rectangle of paper directly underneath "1" has "2" on it, and directly underneath "2" has "3" on it etc. He hadn't been able to solve it himself and none of his classes could solve it. It took me about 20 mins to get it but I think some people may get it straight away. It came from a problem book for grade 2 students.

http://www.ourhouse.co.nr/puzzle.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Seems pretty easy to me, took me about 2 minutes. Just had to figure out how to start folding it so that you can tuck those 2 numbers between those other numbers. About as easy as the 8 queens puzzle. Try this one.

http://www.killsometime.com/games/game.asp?Game=8Queens

Did it, took less than a minute.

1. How do I solve the A4 Sheet Folding Puzzle?

To solve the A4 Sheet Folding Puzzle, you will need to fold an A4 sheet of paper into a particular shape without cutting or tearing it. The solution involves a series of folds and creases in specific directions, resulting in a square or triangle shape. You can find step-by-step instructions online or experiment with different folds on your own.

2. What is the purpose of the A4 Sheet Folding Puzzle?

The A4 Sheet Folding Puzzle is a fun and challenging brain teaser that can help develop spatial reasoning and problem-solving skills. It is also a popular recreational activity and can be a great way to pass the time.

3. How many ways can you solve the A4 Sheet Folding Puzzle?

There are multiple ways to solve the A4 Sheet Folding Puzzle, as long as you end up with the desired shape without cutting or tearing the paper. However, some solutions may be more efficient or require fewer folds than others.

4. Are there any tips for solving the A4 Sheet Folding Puzzle?

Some tips for solving the A4 Sheet Folding Puzzle include using a crisp and straight sheet of paper, taking your time with each fold to ensure precision, and using a ruler or other straight edge to help with creases. It may also be helpful to draw out the folds before making them to visualize the solution.

5. Can the A4 Sheet Folding Puzzle be solved with any size paper?

The A4 Sheet Folding Puzzle can be solved with any rectangular sheet of paper, as long as the proportions are similar to an A4 sheet. However, the solution may differ slightly depending on the size and thickness of the paper used.