• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Graduate School-Yale Experience

Main Question or Discussion Point

Graduate School--Yale Experience

Hi there,
I was wondering if I can find any member that goes/went to Yale University for a graduate program. I got accepted into Yale and Michigan for the PhD program in experimental Nuclear Physics/HEP. Though both are equally renounced and are offering kinda similar package, I wanted to hear some personal feedback/comments from you guys. Could any of you list pros and cons of both schools, in terms of academic environment, work load/fellowship, qualifying exam, job placements, etc.
Thanks for your time.

Cheers!!!

Answers and Replies

hi,
I am also in a similar situation, I have been accepted to Yale (yet to receive offer letter), Michigan and Cornell. As my interest is in condensed matter theory, Michigan is almost ruled out, and I'm still waiting for couple of other decisions.

It would be very helpful if anyone can give any information about either of these places (being an international student, it's almost impossible for me to visit them before deciding).

well, at least can I get a second opinion regarding those two schools and their physics department.................