1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Graduate space physics programs

1. Feb 7, 2015 #1
    Hi everyone. I was trying to look around at different grad programs for space physics (solar wind, magnetosphere, etc, not that electric universe garbage), and couldn't find a whole lot of good info on reputations or rankings or anything like that. I found a list here: http://www.gradschoolshopper.com/gr...schoolname=&subject=5&submit.x=84&submit.y=12 but many of the programs are either not what I'm looking for or seem like they may not be very active. Of the ones I glanced at, it looked like Iowa, CU-Boulder, and San Diego had very good programs. Has anyone here had any more personal experience with space physics? Is there somewhere else I should definitely be looking at that I didn't mention? Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 8, 2015 #2
    No personal experience myself - neither with space physics nor with the US education system. But you could try to extend your search by the term "astrophysics". Not all astrophysics is about the early universe or astro-particle physics, despite media coverage giving this impression. '"Solar physics" may also be worth giving it a try.

4. Feb 8, 2015 #3
    You could also try cosmology

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook