Grammar Help: Is "This Is Bad and Good..." Correct?

• Thread starter Mk
  • Start date
It is a common mistake to use "I" in this sentence, but "me" is the correct pronoun to use after the verb "is."In summary, the conversation discusses the correct usage of "whom" and "who" in different sentences. The speakers also mention the correct pronouns to use after the verb "is." The correct form in this case is "This is me," not "This is I."
Mk
Grammar advice? :)

Is the sentence "This is bad and good, but the question is: 'from whom's point of view?'" a, uh, grammatically correct sentence? As I know, whom comes after prepositions and is an object, while who is a.. subject? Thanks :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
I think its whose, but I know nothing about these kinds of things.

Whom is the objective case and who is the subjective case. It helps to know that you can replace "whom" with him/her and the sentence will still make sense, while you can replace "who" with he/she.

ex: Whom does she know?
Who are you?
This is he.

In the clause you provided, "from whom's point of view," it should be "from whose point of view."

Hooray! I got something right for once!

z-component said:
ex: Whom does she know?
Who are you?
This is he.
Would it be "This is me" or "This is I"?

Mk said:
Would it be "This is me" or "This is I"?

"this is me"

1. Is it grammatically correct to use "This Is Bad and Good..." in a sentence?

No, this sentence is not grammatically correct. It is missing a verb and does not have a clear subject. A correct sentence could be "This situation is both bad and good."

2. Can I use "and" to connect two adjectives in a sentence?

Yes, "and" can be used to connect two adjectives in a sentence. For example, "The dress is soft and comfortable."

3. Why is it important to use proper grammar?

Using proper grammar is important because it helps convey your message clearly and effectively. It also shows that you have a good command of the language and can enhance your credibility.

4. What is the difference between "bad" and "badly"?

"Bad" is an adjective that describes a noun, while "badly" is an adverb that describes a verb. For example, "She had a bad day" versus "She danced badly."

5. Can I use "good" and "well" interchangeably?

No, "good" and "well" have different meanings and cannot be used interchangeably. "Good" is an adjective that describes a noun, while "well" is an adverb that describes a verb. For example, "He is a good singer" versus "He sings well."