1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Granular Flow

1. Apr 29, 2010 #1
    Hi everyone!

I'm a newly admitted student for graduate studies. I'd been interested in Aerodynamics, especially in flight control, since I met with a professor who studies granular flow. Now I think granular flow is pretty cool and it's in its infancy nowadays. There are lots to discover and that's so fascinating!

However, at the same time, I'm still very interested in flight and I want my job to be in the area of flight in the future.

So, I thought that'd be the best to consolidate the two of these studies and did a little research. But I haven't found any studies of those together.

Do you people have any ideas or advices about what I should do? Anyone there studies granular flow and can help me with this?

Thanks in advance..

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 30, 2010 #2

ranger

Gold Member

If you plan on working in industry and not academia, then it is probably best to choose the option which employers will see more value in. I'm not too knowledgeable on granular flow, but would research in this area be valuable to your employer or is this something best left for academia? These are things you will have to ask yourself. If you are not aiming for academia, then why advance that professor's research area?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook